Can't save after editing a page

Hi support.

I can’t save this page after editing it: https://fitnessformularen.dk/transformationsakademiet-2/

Happened yesterday also, but then i could save this morning. But now i can’t save again. Getting the “uh uh failed to save” without any more information.

I’ve tried to do as i read in other similar threads in the forum:

1. TESTING FOR THEME RELATED ISSUE
  2. TESTING FOR PLUGIN CONFLICT
  3. THEME UPDATE
  4. CHILD THEME
  5. CSS/JS CUSTOMIZATION
  6. VERSION COMPATIBILITY

I have provided you information in a secure note, can you take a look and help me? I’ve tried all of the above.

Best regards,
Christian

Hello Christian,

Thanks for writing in! You are having some issues because there is a JS error on the page. It is coming from this JS code block:

<script type="text/javascript">
  <!-- start Mixpanel --><script type="text/javascript">(function(e,a){if(!a.__SV){var b=window;try{var c,l,i,j=b.location,g=j.hash;c=function(a,b){return(l=a.match(RegExp(b+"=([^&]*)")))?l[1]:null};g&&c(g,"state")&&(i=JSON.parse(decodeURIComponent(c(g,"state"))),"mpeditor"===i.action&&(b.sessionStorage.setItem("_mpcehash",g),history.replaceState(i.desiredHash||"",e.title,j.pathname+j.search)))}catch(m){}var k,h;window.mixpanel=a;a._i=[];a.init=function(b,c,f){function e(b,a){var c=a.split(".");2==c.length&&(b=b[c[0]],a=c[1]);b[a]=function(){b.push([a].concat(Array.prototype.slice.call(arguments,
0)))}}var d=a;"undefined"!==typeof f?d=a[f]=[]:f="mixpanel";d.people=d.people||[];d.toString=function(b){var a="mixpanel";"mixpanel"!==f&&(a+="."+f);b||(a+=" (stub)");return a};d.people.toString=function(){return d.toString(1)+".people (stub)"};k="disable time_event track track_pageview track_links track_forms register register_once alias unregister identify name_tag set_config reset people.set people.set_once people.unset people.increment people.append people.union people.track_charge people.clear_charges people.delete_user".split(" ");
for(h=0;h<k.length;h++)e(d,k[h]);a._i.push([b,c,f])};a.__SV=1.2;b=e.createElement("script");b.type="text/javascript";b.async=!0;b.src="undefined"!==typeof MIXPANEL_CUSTOM_LIB_URL?MIXPANEL_CUSTOM_LIB_URL:"file:"===e.location.protocol&&"//cdn.mxpnl.com/libs/mixpanel-2-latest.min.js".match(/^\/\//)?"https://cdn.mxpnl.com/libs/mixpanel-2-latest.min.js":"//cdn.mxpnl.com/libs/mixpanel-2-latest.min.js";c=e.getElementsByTagName("script")[0];c.parentNode.insertBefore(b,c)}})(document,window.mixpanel||[]);
mixpanel.init("1034fca8f494f0eadf7d39236a1cde96");</script><!-- end Mixpanel -->
 </script>

Please contact the source of this code and make sure that is valid and correct. In the meantime, temporarily remove the code, edit the page in question and save your changes.

Best Regards.

Ah thank you! :slight_smile:

I’ve searched around my whole page and searched for “mixpanel” in Cyberduck, my FTP panel, but i can’t find the code anywhere, is there a way for me to locate this code and remove it? Can’t find it :s

Hello Christian,

The JS code is coming on each of your pages. It might be any plugin that is inserting the code at your site. I would suggest you troubleshoot with the common issue. If it doesn’t work for you, It would be best if you could copying your live website to your staging area. and send your details in a secure note so that we can investigate your setting without breaking your live site. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL [Staging server ]
  • Admin level username and password [Staging server ]
  • FTP Details [Staging server ]

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Hi again.

I’ll hereby give you permission investigate without a staging site. I have backups taken for every day, so it won’t be a problem if something goes wrong. Tried to make a staging site for 1 hour now, but i can’t figure it out. So please just try to investigate on my live site. No problem.

I’ll provide information below

Just checking in :slight_smile:

I’ve startet to get this error on my page. Can you see what’s wrong here? I started with the first problem, now i got this :s

Hey @coedam,

It is a problem with either your web host, WordPress setup, or both. It’s not an issue with the theme because even just editing the page in the default WordPress editor results in a 504 server error. Please contact your web host to investigate this issue.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.