Can't edit pages in Cornerstone: theme issue

Hi, I’m caught in the loading wheel of death. When I go to the Page Builder in Cornerstone X none of the pages load to edit. I’ve gone through all of the suggested steps from posts before and narrowed it down to a Theme issue. I can’t edit in the Child or Parent themes but switching to a default Wordpress theme clears it up. Not sure how to remedy this. I even reinstalled the theme as well.

Hey Michael,

Since you’ve already done the troubleshooting steps and sounds like none helped, the issue could be unique.

Please provide the following info in a Secure Note and we’ll check what’s causing the issue.

• URL of the page that can’t be edited with Cornerstone
  • WordPress Login URL
  • Admin username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thanks.

Hi Michael,

I have checked your website and found the issue you described here. The problem you are having might be due to the improper update of the X theme and Cornerstone plugin, I would suggest you follow the below steps to troubleshoot.

1. Delete the Cornerstone
  2. After deletion please use the link in the dashboard to automatically install the Cornerstone.

After you update it, I would still suggest you check once by clearing all types of cache including the Style Cache from Cornerstone > Settings > System > Clear Style Cache and check in the incognito/private mode of the browser.

I would also request you disable the Endurance Cache from Settings > General and check if that helps. If none of that helps, please copy your live site to a staging server so we could troubleshoot freely without breaking your live site.
And give us access in the secure note including:

– WordPress Site URL & Login URL
– WordPress Admin username/password

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

Thanks

My issues still persist. I took me awhile to figure out how to setup a staging site for the 1st time since my Host doesn’t include the service. After getting lost inside of Duplicator and not finding what I needed I settled on the WP Staging plugin which was super easy to use. (That’s for any other frustrated soul reading this in the future). Sending over a Secure Note now.

Hey Michael,

There are 2 factors causing the issue.

1. The one causing the site-wide error is the code you’ve placed in Theme Options > CSS. You’ve included HTML codes in there. Please remove the HTML codes or add the CSS again without the HTML codes.

1. What’s causing the issue in the Pay page is the custom JS code in the 4th section Text element labeled Pay now. I removed the code and saved and reloaded the builder and the page can be edited now. Please have the code provider make the code work or not conflict with the builder. Please note that we do not provide support for 3rd party codes.

Thanks.

1 Like

Everything’s working! I was trying to add viewport code because my Google console said it wasn’t set. I forgot about that because it didn’t break Cornerstone immediately. THANKS so much for the help.

Hey Michael,

You’re welcome and it’s our pleasure to help you! If you have any other concerns or clarifications regarding our theme features, feel free to open up a new thread.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.