Cant edit global sections in Cornerstone

Hi there,

I am trying to translate our website using WPML, however I am unable to translate global content. Even when trying to use a workaround ( via these forum threads: Wpml global blocks etc & https://wpml.org/errata/cornerstone-cant-translate-global-blocks/) It shows an empty screen. I did the following:

1. Open global section

2. Switch languages within the editor, where a popup shows to create a new translation of the section, I choose the copy option, so it should copy over the global section to my new translation.

3. Than the newly opened page is empty. I cant add anything to it (not a template or element), even though the confirmation says something is added on the bottom of the document.

4. I noticed a console error showing when viewing the empty page: app.react18.7.3.7.js?ver=7.3.7:23 No element ID for RENDER:UPDATE (see screenshot).

5. What to do now? I already updated the theme and related plugins to the newest version.

Hello @Leapforce,

Thanks for writing to us.

To help you with your concerns we need to check your setting, I would request please share the admin login details meanwhile I would suggest you troubleshoot a few of the common issues before we investigate your settings. Please share your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin-level username and password
  • Exact URL

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Hi Prakash,

See the secure note for login details.

Hello @Leapforce,

I tried to access your site dashboard but the given credentials are not working on my end. Please recheck and send us again.

Thanks

You should be able to get in now, I just tested it.

Hi @Leapforce,

I have checked your website but didn’t find the issue you described here. I would suggest you please provide any screenshot marked with the issue and any video that helps us recognize the problem and replicate the issue.

Thanks

Hi there,

You guys cant replicate my issue? Please see this url for a screenrecording of my described issue.
https://share.vidyard.com/watch/n4hcZXhRvUKZhtc4MJvgQg?

Thanks,

Hey @Leapforce,

Global elements or Components cannot be translated so to avoid the confusion, please disable translation for the Component type under WPML.

The way to translate Components, is to duplicate it in Cornerstone. You have 2 Components with this setup. That’s 1 component per language.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.