Can't Add New Licence or Update X

Hi there,

I’ve just bought a new X Theme licence but when I add it to the validation field in X Dashboard, I get an error message, “Uh oh, we couldn’t check if this license was valid. Details.” When I click, ‘Details’, I get nothing.

Also, there’s no option to update X in Appearance, Themes — can you please help me fix this?

All the best,
Matt

Login details in the below.

Hey Matt,

There’s an Internal Server Error when you validate and the most probable reason why there’s no options under X is incorrect theme installation. The common mistake is installing X in a sub-folder like wp-content/themes/x/x. The theme should be installed directly under themes so the structure for X should be wp-content/themes/x/.

Please uninstall X first and then follow the proper theme installation from https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-theme-installation/54

Then after that, please follow the possible solutions for validation issues at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-validation-connection-issues/201.

Thanks.

Hi Christian,

It is definitely installed in the correct folder and has been for three years — I’ve never had a problem updating X until now (I have updated it several times). The link for the trouble-shooting unfortunately didn’t help.

Do you have another solution please?
All the best,
Matt

In that case, please give us FTP access also so we could check your file setup.

Hey Matt,

I’m very sorry for the confusion. The reason why your site could not be validated is because of X and Cornerstone version mismatch. I’ve uninstalled Cornerstone and let X install the compatible version automatically by going to X in the Admin Menu.

Your site’s validated now using the license in the secure note.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for doing that Christian, much appreciated.

Just the one remaining issue, when I go to Appearance, Themes and click on X to update it, it says I need validate it, but obviously, now it is validated. How can I easily update X now?

Thanks,
Matt

Hi Matt,

Couldn’t check it as the credentials are changed, please provide the correct one again. It shouldn’t display validation again during the update.

And the easiest way to update is through Wordpress update dashboard (like you’re al;ready doing).

Thanks!

Hi Rad,

Those credentials work okay, here it is again:

I had to uninstall Cornerstone again to update X. What happened is, X 5.2.5 installed Cornerstone 2.1.7. I’m not sure why that happened. It was unusual.

You have updated versions of X and Cornerstone now. When updates become available next time, just ensure you update X and Cornerstone to the latest version. You can check out the latest version in our Changelog.

Thanks.

Hi Christian,

Thank you for doing that, I knew there was something odd going on because it’s been fine for three years with updates, so well spotted.

So, the main reason I wanted to update X, was because the Woocommerce template files are out of date and I was hoping this would be a quick way to fix them. Is there a reason why the update to X hasn’t updated the Woocommerce template files? Can it be done easily?

Thanks for your help.
Matt

Hello Matt,

Thanks for updating the thread.

Ideally, you should be using supported version of WooCommerce. As of today supported version of WooCommerce is 3.4.5. I see that you are using WooCommerce 3.3.6.

Please see https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195

Please downgrade WooCommerce to the supported version. The instruction to downgrade WooCommerce is at https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/installing-uninstalling-woocommerce/#section-3

Thanks.

Thanks Prasant,

That seems like a long way back! So if I don’t downgrade Woocommerce, can I replace the template files as this link suggests, and it will be okay?:

Thanks,
Matt

Hi Matt,

You could do that but make sure to have a backup of every files you’ll be replacing. And make sure to compare the code if it’s really need replacing.

It only complains the version but the code are almost the same as Woocommerce provided. Hence, it doesn’t really check the compatibility but just version. Maybe they only change the versions of some files for their every update since the code doesn’t always need to change.

Thanks!

Great, thanks Rad. I’ve updated them, seems fine. Thanks again.
Matt

Glad it worked for you :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.