Can't Activate Cornerstone after site restoration

Getting the below error when trying to activate cornerstone after having to restore my site due to plugin update failure.

content/themes/pro/cornerstone/includes/classes/classic/utility/class-shortcode-preserver.php on line 8

Same issue as this gentleman

Hello @Frechette,

Thanks for writing to us.

I checked your Themeco account dashboard, it seems that you have an X theme license but the given error seems that you have installed the Pro theme. Please note if you have installed the Pro theme and you have installed the cornerstone page builder as well it would through an error and it won’t work.

Please note cornerstone is inbuilt with the Pro theme you don’t need to install it separately. In case you have installed the Pro then you need to delete the cornerstone plugin and reinstall the Pro theme. In case you have a Pro theme license I would suggest please register it to your Themeco dashboard to get further support on the Pro theme or if you have already registered the Pro theme license from a different account please share it in the secure note.

Or

I would suggest you delete the Pro theme and install the X theme then from the Dashboard link you can install the cornerstone plugin for the X theme. Please note you must delete the cornerstone plugin as well.

Note: You must have database backup and files backup before performing these steps on your serve.

In case it doesn’t work for you we need to check your settings please share your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password
  • FTP details

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Hi @prakash_s ,
Sorry the error code I copied out of google results it must not have been verbatim what the site was producing I assure you I am using X with one of the demo templates as a base.
Specifically I am on X v6.5.6

I had went to update it and it hard crashed the site and I could no longer access the admin dashboard , so I restored from backup and now am incurring this issue, however the current site is in safe mode with all plugins disabled.

Is there anyway you could please take a look and see if there’s anything you can do?

Would there be issues replacing such an older version of the theme with the new one?

Hello Steven,

If you go to Tools > Site Health > Status, you will find out that you are using PHP 5.6. You need to update it to PHP 7.4. you may need further assistance from your hosting provider to update your PHP version.

Please check out this documentation to know more about the minimum requirements to run WordPress smoothly.

Best Regards.

That did the trick this is resolved, thank you so much.

Hi Steven,

Glad that we are able to help you.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.