Cannot validate purchase code in wordpress

have tried validating purchase code but it does not seem to be loading

have alos not been able to get cornerstone working but only have version 1.3.3 installed. cannot update until purchase has been validated but will not work

Hi Alexis,

Thanks for writing in! If you have missed some major X/Pro theme updates, then our validation process will not be initiated correctly. In such cases, you need to update your X theme and Cornerstone plugin manually for once to validate your site.

You can see the latest version numbers from here (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195) and you can download the latest version from your Envato account. Then follow our manual update here (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62) and update both X theme and Cornerstone plugin.

Once you’re fully updated, you should be able to validate your site. You can also check our product validation guide if required (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-product-validation/55).

Hope that helps.

Hi, we just purchased and installed X on Dec 3 so I would it is the newest upgrade?

When I enter the code on the validation dashboard and hit enter, it just sends me to a blank page

Hello Alexis,

Thanks for updating in! Please make sure that your server did not block any connections to our server so that the validation will go through. For more details how you can troubleshoot this, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-validation-connection-issues/201

Meanwhile, if you are already using the latest X theme version, to update Cornerstone to 3.3.8, simply go to the plugins section and deactivate Cornerstone. Delete it completely then. Go back to X > Validation and wait for a couple of seconds because Cornerstone 3.3.8 which is bundled in X theme 6.3.8 will be installed automatically. You may need to re activate it once it is installed.

Hope this helps. Please let us know how it goes.

If i delete cornerstone completely (with its data) will we lose what we have used it for on our website so far up until it stopped working?

Hi Alexis.

Your pages should remain intact as long as you do not edit them while Cornerstone is not active.

Deleting Cornerstone would just remove the Cornerstone program files but not the contents created using it.

However, it is a best practice to keep a full backup of your site before doing anything just in case you’ll need it.

Hope this helps.

I deleted conerstone and validation worked and cornerstone is now active. i am getting this error when i go to edit our home page now though:

The preview could not load due to the iframe response being incomplete. This is most often related to a plugin conflict, or customizations introducing a PHP error.
Origin URL: http://www.ironwoodfinance.com
Preview URL: http://www.ironwoodfinance.com/

And our website is clearly not loading correctly as its stuck in a small scrolling area at the top of the screen. i will continue to deactivate our other plugins to check for errors but please let me know if you have a solution for this. thank you!

i have deactivated all other plugins but still have the same errors.

how do i know if its “customizations introducing a PHP error”?

thank you

ok so closed out and reloaded everything, the editor seems to be working now but many pages like the index page are not showing the content but some like the about page are showing content. please let me know how we can fix what is going on, thank you

Thanks for letting us know and glad to hear you got it sorted, Alexis.

hi it is NOT sorted out at all, our website does not even work right now:

all other plugins are disabled, please advise on what to do

it is giving me this error on pages that are not working like the home page:
“Uh oh!
The preview HTML did not include a closing ; tag. It may fail to load or work properly”

Hello Alexis,

After doing the updates, always remember to clear all caches (if you are using WP Rocket, Merge + Minify + Refresh, WP SuperCache or W3 Total Cache) when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

And also I noticed that you added an invalid custom JS code. Please have it updated and use this instead:

(function($)){

//jQuery time
  var current_fs, next_fs, previous_fs; //fieldsets
  var left, opacity, scale; //fieldset properties which we will animate
  var animating; //flag to prevent quick multi-click glitches

$(".next").click(function(){
    if(animating) return false;
    animating = true;

current_fs = $(this).parent();
    next_fs = $(this).parent().next();

//activate next step on progressbar using the index of next_fs
    $("#progressbar li").eq($("fieldset").index(next_fs)).addClass("active");

//show the next fieldset
    next_fs.show(); 
    //hide the current fieldset with style
    current_fs.animate({opacity: 0}, {
      step: function(now, mx) {
        //as the opacity of current_fs reduces to 0 - stored in "now"
        //1. scale current_fs down to 80%
        scale = 1 - (1 - now) * 0.2;
        //2. bring next_fs from the right(50%)
        left = (now * 50)+"%";
        //3. increase opacity of next_fs to 1 as it moves in
        opacity = 1 - now;
        current_fs.css({
          'transform': 'scale('+scale+')',
          'position': 'absolute'
        });
        next_fs.css({'left': left, 'opacity': opacity});
      }, 
      duration: 800, 
      complete: function(){
        current_fs.hide();
        animating = false;
      }, 
      //this comes from the custom easing plugin
      easing: 'easeInOutBack'
    });
  });

$(".previous").click(function(){
    if(animating) return false;
    animating = true;

current_fs = $(this).parent();
    previous_fs = $(this).parent().prev();

//de-activate current step on progressbar
    $("#progressbar li").eq($("fieldset").index(current_fs)).removeClass("active");

//show the previous fieldset
    previous_fs.show(); 
    //hide the current fieldset with style
    current_fs.animate({opacity: 0}, {
      step: function(now, mx) {
        //as the opacity of current_fs reduces to 0 - stored in "now"
        //1. scale previous_fs from 80% to 100%
        scale = 0.8 + (1 - now) * 0.2;
        //2. take current_fs to the right(50%) - from 0%
        left = ((1-now) * 50)+"%";
        //3. increase opacity of previous_fs to 1 as it moves in
        opacity = 1 - now;
        current_fs.css({'left': left});
        previous_fs.css({'transform': 'scale('+scale+')', 'opacity': opacity});
      }, 
      duration: 800, 
      complete: function(){
        current_fs.hide();
        animating = false;
      }, 
      //this comes from the custom easing plugin
      easing: 'easeInOutBack'
    });
  });

$(".submit").click(function(){
    return false;
  })

})(jQuery);

We would loved to know if this has work for you. Thank you.

thank you for reaching out, which JS file is incorrect?

I am also noticing that Merge + Minify + Refresh plugin is causing the cornerstone editor to fail, is there a work around?

It’s your custom JS as Ruenel has pointed out.

Regarding minification, you should contact or ask the plugin developer to exclude all of X and Cornerstone resources as they’re already minified. Please note the optimization could break your site and it usually requires a professional website optimizer to assess resources used in a website to determine the correct settings.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.