Cannot Save Pages

We are running into an issue where our pages no longer save when we make updates. All of our plugins/themes and core WordPress are up to date. Please advise on what we need to do in order to continue making changes using Cornerstone.

We are having the same issues! Started today. Everything is up to date.

Hi @sandlappercreative,

Thank you for reaching out to us. This could happen due to third party plugin or a script conflict, please check for the following first:

1. TESTING FOR PLUGIN CONFLICT
  2. CHILD THEME
  3. CSS/JS CUSTOMIZATION
  4. INCREASING PHP MEMORY LIMIT
  5. DISABLING CACHE
  6. VERSION COMPATIBILITY

If you still have problems then please get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thanks!

Hi @pdxcomps,

You should also do the basic troubleshooting suggested above, if the issue persists then please open a new thread of your own and provide us the URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality so we can take a look.

Thanks!

Hello @sandlappercreative,

I checked your given page URL it seems that Cornerstone page builder is saving the page content. It might be a browser cache issue at your end. I would suggest you clear your browser cache and then check it again. If the issue still persists at your end please let us know.

Thanks

I am using un-cached and incognito Chrome, and I’m still unable to save this page.

Hi @sandlappercreative

I checked it again and the page is saved perfectly in the Content Builder, I would suggest you consult with a local developer who can inspect and investigate the issue specifically at your machine.

Note: To ensure that this problem is only with your machine, please check in any other devices.

Thanks for understanding

This is not a localized issue, as several others are unable to save as well.

Hi Jim,

I have checked the page with the issue, but I could not find something on the content that could cause the issue. I even imported that page to my local dev and it works fine on my end.

There are scripts errors on the console that are not related to Cornerstone (https://i.imgur.com/TjKDUNX.png), please do a testing for plugin conflict, including your custom scripts.

Other things that you need to resolve, please update your PHP version to 7.4 because that is the version recommended by WordPress. Also, please resolve your mixcontent issue, the site has an SSL but your WordPress Address (URL) and Site Address (URL) are not, it’s still on http protocol. You can use the Better Search Replace to update all URL entries in database to https

Let us know how it goes,
Cheers!

The PHP version has been updated and the mixed content issue resolved. I have the site offloaded to a staging environment for plugin/theme compatibility testing and what I have found is that I can deactivate all plugins and revert to the Twenty Twenty One theme, then reactivate all plugins and switch back to our custom theme - from here, we can save in Cornerstone. However, after a short amount of time we are finding that we are unable to save pages again.

Hi Jim,

Since you had a staging area, would you mind sharing the admin credential so that we can also check the issue properly without breaking your live website? To do that, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL (staging area)
  • Admin level username and password (staging area)

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.

Hi Jim,

I was able to save the changes of the page you mentioned in the secure note. I suspect that it has something to with your machine ends. I suggest that you clear your browser cache or you may try using another machine.

Hope that helps.

Thank you.

As I’ve noted above, this is occurring on multiple machines on-site and off-site, using different browsers and in incognito mode.

Hi Jim,

I can’t replicate the issue on the staging anymore. As you can see on the staging page below I’m able to play with it without encountering the issue.

If it works on the staging and not on live, then this is more likely a server-related issue, because if the problem is on the site itself it should not work on the staging as well, unless, you change something on the staging that sort out the problem unconsciously.

Please contact your hosting ask for the error log on what is happening when you try to save that page on the live site.

Thanks,

If anyone else is having this issue (cc @pdxcomps), the solution we eventually came to is as follows:

1. Deactivate all active plugins EXCEPT for Cornerstone
  2. Go to the problem page(s), make a small change in Cornerstone and save
  3. Undo the previous change and save again, just so everything is back how we found it
  4. Reactivate plugins

This is super quirky and I fear it may not be a long term fix, but for whatever reason it is allowing us to save pages again in the short term.

Hi Jim,

We’re glad that you’re able to find a solution to your issue! If you have any other concerns or clarifications regarding our theme features, feel free to open up a new thread.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.