Cannot install anything from Design Cloud

I am having real difficulty installing anything from design cloud.

Its starts and initialises, then starts downloading the images - then it just says install fail.

Hi @rowdogz69,

Thanks for writing us.

You may find the solution in this thread: Uh oh! Failed to install Creative Contact Form
There might be some issue with few web host who don’t allow many images to be imported at a time.

Thanks

Hi @tristup

thanks for that - I have tried and changed my settings but once I try and install a demo site from design cloud and it fails - when I try again afterwards it just stops at initialising and doesn’t even get to the download images section.

I now seem to be stuck in a loop

Hi @tristup

Is it possible to manually add the Gym demo to the site?

@tristup
Its so strange it will only let me install the lawyer theme - so there must be something different about that one?

Hey Brad,

There are some web hosts that could not import our demo sites due to some limitations in their system. Some of our demos include many images and maybe due to the size of that, some web hosts couldn’t handle.

Our development team is investigating if there is something that could be done on our end to prevent this from happening.

For now, what you can do is set up another server and import the demo in there if it will work. If the demo succeeds importing, you can migrate the WordPress install to your live site. In case you don’t know how to migrate a site, you can learn how to migrate here https://theme.co/docs/how-to-migrate-your-site

Hope that helps.

I was also facing this same issue. Only Lawyer theme worked fine but Crafty and others were failing.

I tried working with the hosting provider, increased all kinds of limits but to no avail.

However, it looks downgrading the PHP version to 5.6 fixed the issue instantly. I found the below post which is dated,

It says the PHP version that supports X Theme is 5.6/7.0/7.1. I then installed the demo content and its all got imported.

But if I were you, I’d wait for the official word from the dev team.

Hey @deejay86,

Thank you for reaching out to us. The recommended PHP version is 7.4+ as listed here https://theme.co/docs/version-compatibility however we do support the old versions but we do not recommend using legacy versions as they can lead to poor performance and security vulnerabilities. Usually this is the server settings issue which prevents the demo importing, here are the recommended settings:

upload_max_filesize = 100M
post_max_size = 100M
set_time_limit = 5000s
max_allowed_packet = 16Mb
innodb_log_file_size = 128mb

Also the allow_url_fopen setting in your server must be On. That setting allows your server to retrieve data from other servers.

Other factors could be ModSecurity or a plugin conflict. If you have the recommended PHP version and settings are correct then you should have no problem importing the demos.

Hope this helps!

I don’t mean to hijack rowdogz69’s thread but all these recommended settings were confirmed including ModSecurity and url fopen but still didn’t work for me. I tried downgrading the PHP version and it worked.

Hey Deejay,

It is good to know that the downgraded PHP version works out for you.
We really appreciate for letting us know.

Best Regards.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.