Cannot get content/sidebar to work!

I am using PRO, and maybe it is a bit too much for me! I hope not.

I have set up renew stack and set layout and design to Fullwidth and Content/Sidebar and successfully made my settings for the header. However, I cannot find any way to make the content have a sidebar in spite of making the settings in all the right places (Content/Sidebar)! Am I missing something basic? I have tried all sorts of ways! I get the message “No suitable preview area is found. This could be due to plugins. Or the current content is not being outputted by the current layout”

I only have a few plugins active and I have made sure that all the necessary items in the Cornerstone settings are on. HOWEVER, the blog page does work exactly as it should with its sidebar, but not the other pages!

Hello @pfm

Thanks for writing to us.

In case you are not able to see the sidebar on the other page, please make sure you have set the Page templat as “Layout - Sidebar Left, Content Right”

Please have a look at the given screenshot below.
Test-Page-Builder-Pro (43)

If it doesn’t work for you, please share your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password
  • Exact page URL

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Thanks, Secure note is at the bottom of my post.

Sorry, should explain that my header etc is not fully set up but I have all I need for that and know it will work.

Hello @pfm

Thanks for sharing the login details it seems that you have created a custom layout from the Layout builder and assigned it to the page. Please note if you assign the layout to the page then the page builder preview and settings are going to be overridden by the layout builder.

I would suggest you please remove this condition from both the layout to get the builder preview and sidebar back.

Hope it helps
Thanks

Phew! Thank you for taking the trouble to sort this out for me. Your suggestion has solved the problem of course!
I am now going back through the docs to help me more fully understand what I am doing. Best wishes to you, Peter

Hi @pfm,

Glad that we are able to help you.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.