Cannot edit in Cornerstone

Hello, I am unable to edit in Cornerstone. When I create an new post, it wouldn’t create it with Cornerstone unless I enter the blog title in the Visual editor first. Once done, I press Edit in Cornerstone, it takes me there but wouldn’t allow to edit the blog title. If I try to edit the existing post created in wordpress Visual editor, it will not show the blog body text, only the headline which is uneditable. Please advise - I already wasted so much time trying to figure it out.

Thanks

Hi,

Please note that when a page is set to be your blog page it is no longer editable in Cornerstone.

That page will automatically be populated with your posts.

Depending on which Stack you are using, you can edit the blog title in Theme Options > Integrity > Blog Title

Hello, thank you for a reply. Your answer refers to the page title. I am talking about posts, not pages though.

1. I am unable to create a new post to edit in Cornerstone from the start. I have to enter the title of the post first in the Wordpress visual editor, then it enables me to press the “Edit in cornerstone”.

2. If I try to edit existing post in Cornerstone, I am unable to see the body of the post - it only shows the post title which is not editable either. I feel like there is a bug. I saw the cornerstone editor on my colleague’s computer and it looks different with all parts editable. This is not the case for me. I have just installed X theme for a brand new website so there is nothing that I installed or overridden. Please advise.

Here’s a screenshot when I create a new post. It shows edit in cornerstone, but when I press on it, it switches to the text editor, not cornerstone:

Here’s another screenshot of the post created in Wordpress editor when I try to edit it in Cornerstone. Post title is not editable, and the body of the post with a copy in it is not visible:

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in!
Please check my comment for your each questing.

1. This is something strange issue please provide us your login details in a secure note with your site URL so that we can have a look.

2. Post created outside cornerstone can’t be edited with cornerstone. If you have created the post using WordPress editor you can’t edit with cornerstone, if you will do so then the post will loose all the content.

Hope this is clear to you.

Thanks

Hello, please see below secure note. THanks

Hi There,

I have > Flushed the cache on your top admin bar SG Flush Cache.

I turned off SG Optmizer plugin.

Cornerstone seems to load fine and works as expected.

https://screenthrill.com/home-page/

Hope it helps!

Hello, thanks for that. The problem still remains with the posts unless I am doing something wrong. The link you provided is for the page edited in Cornerstone. What I am referring to is posts, not pages. Please see in this thread above my screenshots. I am unable to create/edit posts with Cornerstone. Correct me if I am wrong - I go to Posts/Add new/Cornerstone. When I click on Edit with Cornerstone, it doesn’t take me to Cornerstone editor, it returns to Wordpress text editor:

Hi There,

Your post loaded with No Issues here.

https://screenthrill.com/?p=29

The post looks different from a page because there is a sidebar, but if you want a full-width post, you can click on Cornerstone > Settings > Page Templates > Blank No Container Header Footer

To edit your post with Cornerstone you can simply go to Wp-Admin > Pages > Edit with Cornerstone

Or visit the page and hover X > Edit Page.

If you are still facing issues, please try cleaning your browser cache and if the issue persists, please try using a different browser as the issue might be isolated to your browser installation.

Hope it helps!

Hi, I am new at creating web sites but by using cornerstone I have managed to design my website for my company, Thanxs.
Now to my problem.
After updating to the latest version of X theme and latest version of slider revolutionen suddenly the cornerstone icon/shortcut when going true edit page and then visuel/text is not more visible, nothing happens when clicking on visuel or text, also if I want to edit my pages permalink this is impossible I click on edit but nothing happens.

Also my SEO plugin has some issues, before I could update key words and generall settings going true edit page, now this is missing after update, when i click on the bar nothing happens I cant get to generell settings.

It feels that my site have some miner bugs after the latest update.
What can I do to fix this.

Hello Joao, I know the difference between the post and the page. That is not my question. I keep saying for 24 hours that I am unable to create or edit POSTS in Cornerstone. I provided screenshots, I explained the problem and I keep getting responses related to PAGES. The link you provided in your answer doesn’t load, and the link is for the page anyway, not for the post:

Can you test creating a new POST (not PAGE) in cornerstone? Because I am unable to do this.
I am unable to create/edit posts with Cornerstone. I go to Posts/Add new/Cornerstone:

When I click on Edit with Cornerstone, it doesn’t take me to Cornerstone editor, it returns to Wordpress text editor:

can you explain to me how to fix this problem??? Again, I repeat, my question is about the post, not the page. I provided my login details. Can you test creating and editing a POST (not the PAGE) in Cornerstone and explain to me how to do it because I am unable to do it?

Hello again, Theme team. I am still hoping to get your help/answers. You provided a link
https://screenthrill.com/?p=29 to show that editing in cornerstone works.

1. Can you show me how to edit the title of the post in this link in Cornerstone https://screenthrill.com/?p=29? I can only change this title in Wordpress visual or text editor and when I do, it tells me that it will override any editing done in Cornerstone. Please can you explain how to edit and customise the post title in Cornerstone? I named the post title for your convenience “Testing Cornerstone – for the Theme team – can you edit this title in Cornerstone?

2. Can you create a new POST in Cornerstone? As per my messages and screenshots above, the new post (not page) doesn’t get created in Cornerstone unless I enter the title of the new post in Wordpress visual or text editor first. It is then allows me to proceed to cornerstone but the post title is still not editable there.
    I am still unable to create new posts in Cornerstone from the start, including adding the title of the post and customising the look of the title of the post (not page) in Cornerstone. Can you please create a new post (not page) in Cornerstone that is fully editable and customisable in Cornerstone?
    Many thanks

Hi,

1. See screenshot

1. You need to add a title first and publish before you can edit in Cornerstone.

https://screenthrill.com/2018/02/06/test/

See Video - https://www.screencast.com/t/fVjYX9eBuA

Thanks

Thank you Paul, it is all clear now. I was confused because I thought that the title can be customised in the same way as any other element so I thought is was a bug. Now it all clear.

Thank you.

We are delighted to assist you with this.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.