Can’t edit text within Cornerstone

I have NOT been able to edit text on any of my pages in over a month.

Before, I was able to edit text on the right hand side straight from the viewer…Now I cant.

Then, I click the panel on the left hand side to edit the “text” widget…and my cursor doesn’t select the give me the ability to update the text.

Please help!!!

No one has been able to help solve this problem.

Here’s a link to the thread that was initially closed by you guys even though it was not resolved.

I’ve had internal and external help attempt to fix this problem, and no one has been able to solve the issue.

I will provide a secure note below with the credentials to my staging site (so you guys can test without breaking live site) per the suggestion from person who initially attempted to help me.

Please help ASAP! I need to edit/update my website as soon as possible.

Thanks

Hello @kstimp,

Could you please update to the latest versions?
Our latest versions are:

• X theme 8.2.3
  • Cornerstone 5.2.3
  • WordPress 5.7
  • PHP 7.4

This latest release contains fixes for several issues so be sure to check out the changelog:

Make sure that all the other plugins are up to date too!

After doing the updates, always remember to clear all caches (if you are using WP Rocket, WP SuperCache or W3 Total Cache) when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

Please let us know how it goes.

Everything is updated!!!

What’s the point of me providing my staging area details (per you support recommendation) so you guys can test, and you didn’t even login to see that ALL of my stuff is updated to the latest versions!!??

Did you login and attempt to troubleshoot?

Please FIX this issue!!! Every hour/day that goes by that I cannot update my site is killing my business.

Hi @kstimp,

I just check your staging area and I was able to update one of your pages, see the secure note for the test I have made. I also found out that sometimes, when I click on the text element, the data is not editable right away because of the plugin conflict in your website. I suggest that you disable all your plugins except for cornerstone and enable it one by one to find the culprit.

Hope that helps.

Thank you.

I have DISABLED all plugins, and I am still NOT able to edit text straight from the visual editor. That’s my main issue. I was able to edit text from the visual editor on the right hand side easily. I CAN’T do that any more.

Previously someone said that there was a JS console error.

It’s obviously not a plugin issue since I deactivated every plugin but cornerstone AND my staging area plugin (which was recently installed today)

I’m still waiting for someone to troubleshoot this issue FOR ME. So I don’t have to do it myself. I’ve done everything you guys requested and still haven’t resolved this issue.

So, please help and troubleshoot for me!

Hi @kstimp,

I have checked your site and found the Classic Text element is editable once you click to Click to Edit option under Text Content.

I have also checked the Text element and found that is also editable in the same way.

Please let us know if you are still getting the same issue.
Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.