Can’t access Wordpress after restoring X Pro site from backup

Hello,

I’ve restored content and database with other sites/themes without issue. When I tried with X Pro site I am getting this error messages below and can’t access Wordpress.

FYI, as always, I used the instruction here:
(https://backwpup.com/docs/how-to-restore-a-wordpress-backup/).

Thanks!
Neal

EDIT: Error message placed in Secure Note.

Hello Neal,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

Looking at the error messages, it seems that some files and folder are missing. I suggest you to delete Pro Theme (won’t have any effect on the theme options settings) from Appearance > Themes and then reinstall Pro Theme from same place. Please take a look at following article for more information .

Thanks.

Hello Prasant,

I cannot access Wordpress to do that. Going to wp-admin produces the same error messages.
This is not good. I lost a lot of work and need to know that I can backup and restore a Pro site without problem.

Not sure what files I be missing files. BackWpup has been very reliable to backup/restore all files and the database.

This is the first time I’ve run into such a problem when trying to restore a site from a Backwpup backup.

Neal

I tried doing a manual update of Pro via FTP using the instructions I found in the forum.
When I did that the main page rendered correctly, but none of the other pages and posts did.
Also WordPress Admin was all text. So totally useless.

I did the whole file/database restore again and I’m back to the original problem.

The error shows missing files to be _.php. in the theme folder. Are these temporary files that Pro creates that BackWPup skips?

I appreciate your efforts to help resolve this, since as I mentioned above I need to know that Pro site can be successfully backed up and restored.

Also, I have a few backups that I’ve made since I began building the site. All of them are producing the same error when I restore.

BTW, I’m absolutely in love with Pro and it’s versatility. That’s what makes this whole situation so disappointing.

Thanks again,
Neal

I have confirmed that BackWPup has no issues backing up files named “_.php” or similar on other sites with other themes installed. None of my Pro site backups had that file!

I also tried restoring _.php from the latest pro.zip to the correct folder and it made no difference.
Same error message(s)

Not using any caching’ plugins.
Always clear my browser cache after every attempt to resolve.

Please help!
Neal

Hi There,

Would you mind providing us with login credentials(by clicking on the Secure Note button at the bottom) so we can take a closer look? To do this, you can make a post with the following info:

• Link login to your site
  • WordPress Admin username / password
  • FTP credentials

Thanks.

Hello Thai,

Thank you for responding. If you had contacted me yesterday that would have been an option. But unfortunately I need to get this project back on track and with your support response times I figured it would be faster to just start over rather than sit around waiting for someone to respond. I feel I’ve wasted too much time waiting already.

I’m happy to say that this issue was not caused by X Pro, but with the BackWPup plugin.
I was just hoping you folks might be able to help me tweak something to get me back in quickly. But again, I couldn’t wait any longer. Also, I’m not sure why the first response from your support team was to tell me to update the theme in Wordpress when the title of the support request contained, “Can’t access WordPress”. :frowning:

FYI, I re-installed Wordpress and X Pro, used a different backup software (Duplicator Pro) and successfully backed up and restored the site.

Thanks again,
Neal

Hello Neal,

We are just glad that you have figured the cause of the issue and found out a way to correct the said issue.
Thanks for letting us know!

Best Regards.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.