Can not change subheading font

Hi,

When I select this Headline I can change the large text, but the smaller upper subheading I can not change. Where do I change this?

Thanks!
-Doren

Hello Doren,

Thanks for writing in!

You will need to scroll down the Headline element options and find the Subheadline option as shown below:

Hope this helps.

1 Like

Thank you, sorry, but no, that doesn’t help. The screesnhot I shared shows that the edit sidebar is at the bottom. There is no Subheadline option anywhere. How is this even possible? I’ll attach another screenshot with all the tabs collapsed & you’ll see that there is no Subheadline tab to expand. Any other suggestions? Thanks!

Hey Doren,

Please provide the URL of the page where we can find the headline with a subheading.
You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
– Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

1 Like

Secure Note posted. Thank you!

Hey Doren,

I have logged in and inspected your page. I am seeing this:

It turns out that in your Child theme’s style.css, normally in Appearance > Theme File Editor, you have this custom CSS:

.h-sup {
    display: block;
    margin-right: -0.15em;
    margin-bottom: 1em;
    font-family: "Open Sans", sans-serif;
    font-size: 0.375em;
    font-weight: 400;
    letter-spacing: 0.15em;
    line-height: 1 !important;
    text-transform: uppercase;
    color: inherit;
}

You may need to install a 3rd party plugin like File Manager to be able to edit the custom CSS in the child theme’s style.css file.

Hope this makes sense.

1 Like

Thank you so much. I might be out of my depth, but I’m gonna try. I understand what you’re suggesting at least. I’ll keep you posted. Thanks!

Hey Doren,

You’re most welcome and let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

1 Like

I got it to work with your suggestion! I simply swapped out the font name for the new font & also found another reference to another font & swapped that one out too. The pages now are using the new fonts! I’ll have to rememebr that tip if this ever happens again. Thank you so much!

Ok, follow-up. Where would I find the coding to change the menu font? It’s also not changing. Thanks!

Hello Doren,

In Cornerstone > Theme Options > Headers > Links, there should be a settings that allows you to tweak the menu font.

At the moment, it is being overridden by the Use Any Font plugin.

Best Regards.

1 Like

Yes, I shuld have mentioned that. The issue is when Icompare the menu font to the staged site versus the normal site the font looks exactly the same, hence why I thought the Use Any Font plugin was not working. ONLY unless the used the font I suppose?

I’m not sure if Im supposed to start a new Topic or not, but I can’t find how to change this orange background color or where to find the big logo either. I’ve hunted for hours. Is there any insight you can lend for this too? I wish the previous designer would have simply used the Theme as it’s intended to be used & these changes would be very easy. I understand this is probably out of your scope, but any insight would be greatly appreciated again. I’m really at my wits end. Thank you!

Hello Doren,

Edit the page in Cornerstone and click on Section 1 element. That is where you can change the background color of the section.

The big logo is coming from a custom CSS block in your child theme’s style.css file.

.hero-top .x-row:before {
    content: "";
    display: block;
    position: absolute;
    width: 400px;
    height: 400px;
    right: 0;
    top: calc(100% + 40px);
    transform: translateY(-50%);
    -webkit-transform: translateY(-50%);
    background-image: url(../../../wp-content/uploads/2021/01/UW_logo.png);
    background-size: contain;
    background-position: center;
    background-repeat: no-repeat;
}

Be advised that custom coding is beyond the scope of our support under our Support Policy. If you are unfamiliar with code and resolving potential conflicts, you may select our One service for further assistance.

Best Regards.

1 Like

Thank you so much! I was able to update those 2 things! Looks like I need to go through that style.css for the Child Theme very carefully. Thanks again!

Hey Doren,

You’re most welcome!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.