Caching on external API

I haven’t had time to check this out properly but one of my sites uses an external API to load Google reviews via a third party provider. I get 100 loads a month included in my free account which is more than enough.
I have the cache set to daily. But soon after the most recent update I got an email to say I had used up all 100 for the month. I checked the log and it seems that it all happened within a short time after the update.
Has anyone else noticed this?

I can’t do a test because I’ve got no more credits left for the month.

Did you have any Dynamic content in your API Global? The only thing that changed recently is that any dynamic content inside an API Global will get rendered. The API Tester will also tell you if it’s using a cache so you test it’s working. Updating Pro doesn’t remove any caches. I’m not seeing any issues on my end with the caching.

Thanks @charlie,
I had to wait a few days for my 100 free queries to renew for this month. But I’ve tested it now and it seems to be back to doing one query per day as it should.
Steve

The only thing I could guess is that the server was being reset a bunch maybe due to updates on the hosting providers end.

You can change the External API cache directory so it’s not cleared when the server is restarted as a possible suggestion. Have a great day.