Button color not rendering properly & line elements missing on site

Even though they are correct in Cornerstone, not rendering on front end correctly. How do I fix this? Chrome, Firefox, and Safari on both PC, MAC. Theme issues, PHP, elements?

Hello Rachel,

Thanks for writing in! it seems that you are using the WP-Optimize plugin and it is caching the styling of the page. Please clear your caching plugin or temporarily deactivate the plugin while you are still building the site and/or troubleshooting. Optimizing plugins are best to turn ON when you are done creating the site and ready to go live.

It could also be caused by a plugin conflict, amongst other things. Please check out this troubleshooting article here and follow the instructions for the following sections (where appropriate):

If after trying all of the above things you are still experiencing problems, please reply below, including login details to your site in a secure note, so that we can investigate further. You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

It definitely IS the WP Optimize plug-in causing the problems. As soon as I deactivate it, the color and lines correct themselves. But I need the plug-in. What do I need to look for inside the plug in to correct it?

Hello Rachel,

Regretfully we don’t provide any third-party plugin support. It is out of the support scope. In case if you are using the WP-Optimize plugin for the site optimization, I would suggest you please have a look at our doc to learn more about how to optimize the site performance.

Hope it helps
Thanks for understanding

Ok. thanks, Prakash!

You are most welcome Rachel.

Ok. So when I disable “Minify CSS”, the problem corrects itself. I can exclude a css file from processing. Do you know which x them CSS file should be excluded? I’ve temporarily fixed the problem, but I would still like to minify CSS if I can.

Hi Julie,

• In X, Pro, and Cornerstone we follow all the WordPress best practices for managing front end assets (CSS/JS)
  • We also minify those assets ourselves with each release. You shouldn’t need to use another system to minify them again.
  • By “minified” I mean that we run post processing to convert our human readable source files into much smaller files. Variable and function names are shortened, whitespace is removed, and other techniques are applied to produce valid javascript that takes up the least amount of space possible.
  • When it comes to optimization systems, the burden of responsibility lies primarily with that system. Our files are valid javascript, and should be a valid input, but there is a possibility of failure if the system doesn’t properly parse and handle those files.
  • What happens periodically, is that optimization systems like SiteGround’s minifier will not properly parse code that is already minified, resulting in broken output. There is nothing we can do about this on our end.

Our recommendation is to disable the minifier entirely. Unfortunately, if you want to use it, there is the possibility of it failing.

Hope that helps.

That explains it. Thanks. If it’s not affecting my site speed, I’ll just keep it disabled.

You are most welcome.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.