Burger menu on mobile doesn't open every time

Hi,

For some reason the burger menu on mobile is not opening every time it’s tapped on. Sometimes I have to tap it 2-3 times for it to open.

www.hofverbergphotography.se

I hope you can assist with this.

Thanks!

Hello @Hugoboss,

Thanks for writing to us.

It might be the issue of plugin conflict or JS/CSS customization issue. I noticed that there is some console error at your site. it might be due to plugin conflict or JS/CSS customization issue just because your hamburger menu is not working properly, I would suggest you troubleshoot with a few of the common issues before we investigate your settings.

1. Testing for Plugin Conflict
  2. CSS/JS Customization
  3. Version Compatibility
  4. Disabling Cache
  5. Child Theme

If none of those work, It would be best if you could copy your live website to your staging area. and send your details in a secure note so that we can investigate your setting without breaking your live site. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Hi @Hugoboss,

I have checked your website on my Android mobile device and found the Burger menu is working fine. I have also checked on other devices too using the Browser Device tools and it worked too.
I would suggest you check once by clearing all types of cache including the Style Cache from Cornerstone > Settings > System > Clear Style Cache and check in the incognito/private mode of the browser.

Hope it helps.
Thanks

Hi,

I did as advised and many items on my page are not working after this.
Contact Form 7 form is not showing, justified Image Grid shortcode is not showing, header image is not showing, LayerSlider slides are not showing. What happened?? :open_mouth:

Hello @Hugoboss,

I have temporarily deactivated the Cleantalk plugin and your WP Rocket plugin. When I test your site, the mobile menu opens up on my mobile phone. Kindly check the screenshot below.

I will leave it deactivated so that you can test your site on your mobile phone as well. If the issue still exists, it could also be your SiteGround cache. Since you are using SiteGround, could you please disable the Supercacher in your hosting panel? The SuperCacher is developed by SiteGround exclusively for its customers. It increases the number of hits a site can handle and boosts the website’s loading speed. The SuperCacher includes 4 different caching options for maximum optimization of your websites. You can access the tool by clicking on the SuperCacher icon in your cPanel.

For more information about this, please check it out here: https://www.siteground.com/tutorials/supercacher/supercacher_intro.htm

Hope this helps.

Hi,

Thanks for bringing back all the missing items!

Before trying your suggestions I want to mention that the burger menu does indeed open but it opens only once the page is 100% loaded which takes up to 10 seconds. Is this normal behavior? If that’s the case then I guess everything works as it should however it’s not optimal for the visitor having to wait 10 seconds until they can interact with the menu, and it looks like the site is loaded because the header is fully loaded.

Please let me know if it’s normal to be able to interact with the burger only once the page is 100% loaded, if it’s not normal should I follow your suggestions?

Thanks!

Hi @Hugoboss,

You are using the Off Canvas element which loads the Modal at the end of the DOM, so if you click into the Burger between it loads the Modal, should not open that. It seems that is what happens in your case. If the page takes too much time, I would suggest you check the page contents, image sizes so it can be loaded faster.
Please remember, page speed issue is mostly related to the content used in your site and beyond the scope of our theme support. I would suggest you hire a developer who can assist you to do the customization or you can avail of our newly launched service called One, where we answer the questions beyond normal theme support.

Thanks

Hi,

I can’t understand what you mean here: " so if you click into the Burger between it loads the Modal , should not open that." Please clarify.

Is there any way I can have the Modal load immediately and not last?

Hi @Hugoboss,

Sorry if that is not understandable. It means if you click on the burger menu while the page is loading or not loaded completely the Modal will not open.

Thanks

Hi,

OK I got that from your message anyway.
So is there a way to have a mobile menu which loads immediately?

Hello @Hugoboss,

It’s not the mobile menu that is not loading immediately. The DOM waits for the entire page to load before you can click on the mobile menu. If you want to improve your site’s loading performance, kindly check out this documentation:

or check out the video tutorials here:

Best Regards.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.