Broken Gallery related to Posts and (possibly) The Grid plug in

Thank you in advance to anyone taking the time to read this and give me any insight. I did not build this SITE but I am trying to solve this issue.

I am most familiar with Divi but have a basic understanding of Cornerstone, which was used to build this site.

The main SHOWS page has a gallery built with THE GRID. You click on the images that will lead you to inner “pages” that are built as :pushpin:POSTS.

When I find the individual shows in the :pushpin:SHOWS section of the Dashboard I am not sure how to edit the GALLERY section so that the gallery is not broken.

The gallery appears to be broken the same way a previous gallery was broken that was built using THE GRID. I was able to fix that PAGE by using the Cornerstone page builder but I am unable to use that on POSTS.

once you click on a show it will lead you to the post page and the broken gallery is at the bottom.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hello @sevenagesdesign,

Thanks for writing to us.

I checked your site it seems that there is a JS console error it might be the reason behind your issue or it might be the plugin conflict of the JS customization issue. I would suggest you troubleshoot a few of the common issues before we investigate your settings.

1. Testing for Plugin Conflict
  2. CSS/JS Customization
  3. Version Compatibility
  4. Disabling Cache
  5. Child Theme

If none of those work, It would be best if you could copy your live website to your staging area. and send your details in a secure note so that we can investigate your setting without breaking your live site. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

I have tested all of those issues except for the CSS/JS Customization.

This main issue is that I did not build this site and the person that did is out of the picture now and cannot be contacted. So I am not exactly sure what CSS/JS they may have added. We do not have staging set up for this site but we do have backups in case anything goes wrong. Would you mind getting in and seeing if you are able to see what the issue is?

Hey @sevenagesdesign,

To better assist you with your issue, please provide us access to your WP site so we can check the pages and your site settings. You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Hi @sevenagesdesign,

I have investigated your website and found that the flexslider code added in the functions.php of the child theme is the reason behind your issue. Investigation of custom coding is beyond the scope of our Theme Support, I would suggest you hire a developer who can assist you to do the customization or you can avail of our newly launched service called One, where we answer the questions beyond normal theme support.

Thanks

Thank you for taking the time to look into this. Much appreciated!

You are most welcome @sevenagesdesign

For these galleries, we are inserting certain ACF sections into custom global pages using shortcodes. We have reached out to ACF support and this was their response:

Hi Charles,

Thanks for the follow up.

Please note that ACF uses the native get_field() and the_field() functions to display field values on the frontend. Since you don’t use these functions in your context, the loading of custom fields on the Cornerstone editor as well as on the frontend is controlled by Cornerstone and this is not something that the ACF native functions are able to control out of the box.

Unfortunately, from our end, we are not able to confirm how Cornerstone handles custom fields therefore we are not in a better position to conclusively advise on this.

"As much as I would love to help, I’m afraid I’ve not interacted with Cornerstone before as we tend to focus on handwritten PHP code instead. For help using Cornerstone with ACF to display custom field data, I would recommend that you reach out to the Cornerstone support team. Hopefully, they will be able to shed some light on this issue.

I hope this helps."

Any insight as to what the problem is or what the next steps should be?

Hey @sevenagesdesign,

There is no problem with our ACF Pro integration. That problem lies with your theme customization as my colleague @tristup pointed out.

Thank you for understanding.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.