Blog Thumbnails Not Showing Up

I had this issue in the past, and when I recently updated the site, it started happening again.

The featured images are showing up on the blog page and on the blog post, but not for the thumbnails on the homepage.

Hello @Dush,

Thanks for writing to us.

In order to help you with your concern, we need to check your settings so I would request you please share your admin login details meanwhile I would recommend you troubleshoot with a few of the common issues before we investigate your settings.

1. Testing for Plugin Conflict
  2. CSS/JS Customization
  3. Version Compatibility
  4. Disabling Cache

If none of those work, please send your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Hi @Dush,

Thanks for reaching out.
I have investigated your website and found that you are using the Recent Post element and the image has set as background. The image is there but the size of the image is very little and that is why it can’t be seen. It seems that you might have resized the images and that is the reason behind your issue.
The images are cropped into 4X2 pixel size and it looks like the following one.

https://soulfireshift.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/throwingcoininwishingwell-4x2.jpg

If you have not done that might be due to the improper update of the Cornerstone plugin. I would also suggest you follow the below steps while updating to the latest version of the Cornerstone.

1. Delete the Cornerstone existing one
  2. After deletion please use the link in the dashboard to automatically install the Cornerstone.

Please clear all type cache including the Style Cache from Cornerstone > Settings > System > Clear Style Cache and check in the incognito/private mode of the browser.

If none of the above helps, please copy your live site to a staging server so we could troubleshoot freely without breaking your live site.
And give us access in the secure note including:

– WordPress Site URL & Login URL
– WordPress Admin username/password

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

Thanks

I have the staging information but there’s no option for a secure note?

Hi @Dush,

I have created a similar section with the Post(Minimal) element in your staging server and found that it is showing the images properly. I would suggest you use the V2 elements in your live server by replicating the same.

Hope it helps.
Thanks

Great, that worked. Is there a tutorial on making this responsive?

Hi @Dush,

Glad that we are able to help you. The Post element is already responsive, still, I would request you go through the following article.

Thanks

Unfortunately, it’s displaying a grid of 3 posts on mobile, which is definitely not responsive.

I don’t understand - it’s showing me this 22em Row Element which makes it responsive, but I don’t see that as an option (it only lets me select how many columns). Is there a tutorial that actually explains how to achieve this? I can’t imagine it should be very complicated for my grid of posts to be responsive.

Hello @Dush,

Click on the word “Template” to display the column layout for the respective screen sizes.

Kindly check out this documentation to know more about the Responsive Element Styling:

Best Regards.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.