Blog posts do not show

Hi there, I did not include a blog at first, but now i created a blog site. Unfortunately the blog post thumbnails do not show up. I am not sure what I am missing. I am running X 7.2.3 with a childtheme.
https://produktfarm.de/blog

Thankyou

Hi @produktfarmerin,

Thanks for reaching out!

There could be a plugin or custom code that affects your portfolio page.

I recommend the following troubleshooting procedures before we investigate the settings.

1. TESTING FOR THEME RELATED ISSUE
  2. TESTING FOR PLUGIN CONFLICT
  3. THEME UPDATE
  4. CHILD THEME
  5. CSS/JS CUSTOMIZATION
  6. VERSION COMPATIBILITY

Only if none of that helps, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.

Hi Marc,
need to check how secure note functions

Hey Antje,

The issue is something to do with the compatibility with the X and with the Cornerstone plugin. You have an outdated X theme which is 7.2.3 and you have the latest version of the Cornerstone plugin which is incompatible with the old version of X. To fix your issue, I deactivate the Cornerstone plugin and delete it, afterward, I install it again with the Cornerstone plugin that is compatible with your current X version.

If you are asking where did I get it? You can find the link at the top of your dashboard saying that you need to install the Cornerstone plugin.

That being said, the blog posts are now showing on your blog page. I highly recommend that you update your X theme to the latest version and please follow the procedure below.

1.) Uninstall and delete cornerstone plugin ( to avoid any issue when updating the X theme)
2.) Update your X theme to the latest version
3.) Install the cornerstone plugin again

Hope that helps.

Hi Marc,
thank you so very much.
Did like you said and now have a problem with my menu, which does not display anymore on the homepage.
Further more, the preview of the homepage within Cornerstone seems to be ok. The menue shows up, when entering the URL of a single menue site.

This problem (not showing the edits outside cornerstone) occurs in another case as well - I edited the design (fonts and colors) of a certain page. Within Cornerstone all edits are displayed, in reality not.

Hi Antje,

I have checked the given page URL and found that you have not updated the X till now. Whereas the Cornerstone is already updated to the latest version i.e. 6.1.4. I would suggest you follow the steps given by my colleague Marc and update the X and install the Cornerstone again. Once updated please clear all type cache including the Style Cache from Cornerstone > Settings > System > Clear Style Cache and check in the incognito/private mode of the browser.

Hope it helps.
Thanks

Hi Tristup,

thank you so much for your response. Unfortunately I can not figure out why you think I have not updated X, or what I am missing. I will send you some screenshots from my dashboard. Could you please help me clear it up?

Or do you mean, I have to activate X and not the Child theme?
Thank you for helping me out.

Hello @produktfarmerin,

Please switch to the parent theme first while we are troubleshooting. That means that you need to activate the X theme and not the child theme. We need to find out whether the issue is with the child theme because as we can see, you have added several modifications to the child theme. You may be using the legacy child theme. We highly recommend that you keep a backup of your child theme and then install a fresh X child theme which you can download from here: https://theme.co/docs/child-themes

You can transfer your modifications one function after the other to find out if one of your modifications is causing the issue.

Hope this makes sense.

Hi Ruenel,
thank you for the explanation. Did a backup, did change to the parent X theme. Could you please confirm that in terms of update to the actual version of X all is as it should?
And regarding “the issue” - with that you mean that sites are not displayed the way they are edited and previewed in Cornerstone and the Menu not showing up, right? Please adivse, what is the next step? Thankyou

Hey @produktfarmerin,

We’re sorry for the confusion and inconvenience. There’s currently a bug in the latest version of X so we currently recommend that you revert your site from a backup when the version of X and Cornerstone are not yet updated.

Please stay tuned for updates.

Thanks.

Hi there,
so I kept working on my website - created new landingpages and salespages. Therefor I duplicated existing sites but now the links wont be actualized. Is this something that is bug related so I have to wait for an update, or is there anything I can do about it? Because I have a product launch planned. thankyou, Antje

Hi @produktfarmerin,

Can you please share the URL of Landing Page and other pages where you are having the issues for further investigation?

Thanks

Hi tristup,
here are the requested links

Hello @produktfarmerin,

Please deactivate your Borlabs Cache plugin. This could be why the changes were not taking place. Caching plugins are best to turn ON when you are done building the site and ready to go live.

Best Regards.

Hey you guys,
thank you so much for your help. This was a great hint.
Still, I have one issue left - in preview it looks alright, when published not:

PS. Burlabs Plugin is active right now, but display mistake was the same when burlabs plugin was inactive

Hello @produktfarmerin,

I am seeing this already:

If the issue come back again, please try to edit the page and hit save just to update the post metadata.

Cheers.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.