Blog Post overview works not correct

If i create a post with the wordpress standard editor, in the post overview i can read a short text sample and it shows a “read more” button. If i edit this post with conerstone and save it - the button “read more” goes away.

So, the shortcodes doesn’t work correctly with the postoverview.

Hello @chemmedia_AG,

Thanks for writing in! Can you please confirmed that you have updated to the latest versions?
Our latest versions are:

• Pro theme 4.0.11 or
  • X theme 8.0.11
  • Cornerstone 5.0.11

This latest release contains fixes for several issues so be sure to check out the changelog:

After doing the updates, always remember to clear all caches (if you are using WP Rocket, WP SuperCache or W3 Total Cache) when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

It could also be caused by a plugin conflict, amongst other things. Please check out this troubleshooting article here and follow the instructions for the following sections (where appropriate):

Testing for Plugin Conflict
Theme Update
Child Theme
CSS/JS Customization
Disabling Cache
Disabling CDN

If nothing is helping, provide us access to your site so that we can check your settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Please let us know how it goes.

Hallo Ruenel,

Thanks for your response.

We are using the last version of X Theme and Cornerstone but the problem still exists. Also when the whole pluins are disabled and the cache is cleared.

When i create a new Post with cornerstone the preview text and the “read more” button are not shown. If i delete the shortcodes from the post, the preview text and button are visible.

Hi @chemmedia_AG,

I have tried to find the issue you mentioned but didn’t find it. Can you please provide any screenshot marked with the issue or any video that help us to recognize the problem? I would request you please copy your live site to a staging server so we could troubleshoot freely without breaking your live site.
And give us access in the secure note including:

– WordPress Site URL & Login URL
– WordPress Admin username/password

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

Thanks

Hey Tristup,
there is a video to show the problem.

I send another wordpress you can test it, without using the live system.

On Blog Page, the first post were edit with cornerstone, the second with standard wordpress editor.
So, you can see the difference.

Greetings

Hello @chemmedia_AG,

I have investigated the issue and I found out that this is a bug in the recent update. Our developers are already finding the resolution to this issue.

Please bear with us.

Hello Ruenel,
nice that you could find the mistake.

Greetings

No problem.
If you need anything else we can help you with, don’t hesitate to open another thread.

Hi @chemmedia_AG,

We’ve been able to correct this issue for the next release. You should see it available on automatic updates later today.

Hi @alexander,
I hope it will happen soon. i waiting already a few weeks.

Greetings

Hi @chemmedia_AG,

I have checked your staging site and it is still using the 8.0.11 version of the X theme, whereas the theme has been already up to date on your live server. Can you please let us know if you are still having the same issue in your live server with the updated theme?

Thanks

Hi, the issue is still there, after update.

• X-Theme Version 8.1.5
  • Cornerstone Version 5.1.5

Hi @chemmedia_AG,

I suggest that you run again the troubleshooting mentioned above by colleague with your latest version of the X theme cornerstone plugin because the issue was already fixed and mark complete in the changelog.

Please let us know how it goes.

Thank you.