Blog page build

hello,
how can a build a blog page using your theme that will populate from the posts on the dashboard?
thank you

Hi @Jennine,

Thanks for reaching out.

You can create and customize your blog page using the Loopers and Layout Builder. To know more about the functionality, please check the articles below.

Loopers:

Layout Builder:

Hope that helps.

Thank you.

thanks fo you reply.
I would need to set up a blog that has both static content and videos. I dont see a video on how to set up the template in which the post leads to when clicked on. Is there a tutorial on that? I will also be needing to set up an archive page. Which method is the better way to go for this type of blog? Loopers or layout builder? Do either of these come with predesigned templates that I can utilize?
Thank you

Hello @Jennine,

You can use the Layout builder for the blog index. You can check out the layout examples in your Pro > Design Cloud > Layouts.

Best Regards.

ok thank you.
Am I able to create posts for video content as opposed to an image?
Also, How can I set the thumbnail image to be the same size on the frontend so it doesn’t look like the attached screenshot. I would like the images to be uniform and aligned without having to resize them to a specific dimension.
Thank you

Hello @Jennine,

In order to help you with your concern, we need to check your settings, please share your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password
  • Exact Layout Name

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Hello, Thanks for your reply. The url is:

Just scroll past the hero image and message and you will see the blog.
Thank you

Hello @Jennine,

Please edit your page and click the featured image element. You can insert a maximum height value so that the featured image will have a uniform height.

Kindly let us know how it goes.

Hello. Thanks for your response. Unfortunately, that solution squishes and distorts the photo to make it that size.
Is there a way to make the images a background image so they are all same height and the photo doesn’t have to be distorted? I am using the layout builder as this is will work as a blog layout.
Thank you

Hello @Jennine,

Yes, you can add a Div element and then use the background image as a background image.

Or you can also insert a Div element and then insert the feature image element inside it. Set the maximum height of the Div and make sure that the overflow is hidden away:
Screen Shot 2021-03-21 at 2.53.16 PM

Hope this helps.

for the first option, when I remove the featured image and set the background image to the featured image it removes the featured image for the other posts. Is this because the div is not dynamic?

Hi Jennine,

I just check your setup and the div is already dynamic, the reason why they don’t show up because you set the featured image as background then the div element doesn’t have any dimension so it will show nothing. To fix your issue, I suggest that you set a minimum height of your div, see the example below.

This is how it looks on the front-end.

Hope that helps.

Thank you.

that worked thanks

Hi Jennine,

You’re welcome and it’s our pleasure to help you. If you have any other concerns regarding our theme features, feel free to open up a new thread.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.