Blog Navigation has stopped working

Hi,
I created a new template with Layout builder a while back and all was well. However for some reason its stopped working. The first 10 posts show up on the first page, and the navigation at the foot lists all the pages of posts. When you click on the next or page number the navigation shows the change in the page but the same 10 post show on the page. Nothing I do seems to change this, can you please help?

Let me know if you need access.
Cheers
David

Hello David,

Thanks for writing to us.

It seems that you have set a looper provider, please note you don’t need an extra loop since there is a default loop working on the archive page. I would suggest you please disable the looper and then check it again.

ghvb-Layout-Builder-Pro

If it doesn’t work for you, please share your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password
  • Exact Layout URL

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Hi,
Yes I did this so I could exclude a category of posts so only blog posts would display. Can you please tell me how I can just display the posts from the category I want without using looper provider?
Cheers
David

Hello David,

Regretfully there is no option to exclude the specific category posts from the blog posts but if you set the looper provider to exclude the category then the pagination is not going to work on the blog list page.

To exclude the specific category from the blog posts. It would require custom development I would suggest you please contact a developer who can assist you with your concerns or you can subscribe to One where customization questions are answered. Please note we don’t provide custom development support. It is out of the support scope.

Thanks for understanding

Hi,
I have an pretty good idea how to add the php needed to stop the posts I dont want to show in the blog, but I just don’t know what file to amend can you tell me this?
I’ve just canceled my one sub and would like not to turn it back on for one question.
Thanks
David

Hi,
If a make a page with a loop of posts how do I make the post navigation element navigate through the post and display them on that page?
Cheers
David

Never mind I will just display all the posts, thanks for your help!

You’re welcome, David.

Hi,
Ive been thinking about the response I received from prakash_s as its been playing on my mind. So I’m going to ask it again just so I can make sure I have this right. When building a blog in Pro there is no way to control which posts are included in that page?
Thanks
David
P.S. I have been using x and pro for many years and although it can be frustrating sometimes the one saving grace has always been the incredible service you get when you buy. Just lately though this seems to have really changed. I have just purchased another copy of Pro for another site I am building and if I had realized that I would need to have One to get simple functionality questions answered I would have thought twice about it.
I have had One for quite a few months but cancelled it last month because I was not getting value for money. The service is marketed as pick a web technology any one tech and we will answer all your questions on that tech. In practice, this is not how it works its just what you used to get here but don’t anymore. Such a shame, especially when you have so much more competition now.
David

Hello David,

Are your trying to build a custom blog index or archive page? If you do, be advised that the blog index (or archive page) will display all the post items in chronological order. It will display the same or related post items for the archive page like the category archive page for example.

If you are trying to display post items in a normal page or just like your static homepage, you can pick which post items to display. For example, in a magazine style homepage, you may want to a sections that display post items according to categories. This can be done by utilizing the Looper Provider Query builder. Yes, you can control which post to display in a particular section. Be advise though that the Post Pagination will not work when you use it in a normal page like your homepage.

Hope this helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.