Blog Filter Help

Hello,

Is there a way to add a menu/sort function to the main blog page so visitors can filter by category?

Thank you

Hello @addabble,

Thanks for writing to us.

This unique option is only available on the “Ethos” stack. Please have a look at the screenshot below.

The output would be like this. It would list all the available categories.

Please note that if you select the stack as “Ethos” it may change the look and feel and layout design of the site.

Hope it helps
Thanks

Hello,

That drastically changed the layout of my blog page, so is there another way to enable that type of feature?

Hello @addabble,

Regretfully there is no option at the moment for the blog archive page. In case if you want to display posts to any other page where you want to display the post-filters option. You can use our bundled plugin called Essential Grid.

Please have look at this article to learn more about how to display post filters using the essential grid plugin.

https://www.themepunch.com/essgrid-doc/category-filters/

Hope it helps
Thanks

Since this has been proving to be difficult, I’ve created a widget to try to provide blog filtering options, but now how do I assign it to the blog page?

Hello @addabble,

Did you create a normal page with the Essential Grid in it? That will not work. Since you are using the Pro theme, you will have to create a custom Archive layout and assign the layout as your blog index. In this layout, you can insert the essential grid. If you are not familiar with our layout builder yet, please check out this documentation first:

Or check out this video:

Best Regards.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.