Blog customisation (ICON)

Hi,

I’m using an X child theme with Icon (masonry) and would love to either display posts by category or at least add a filter by category. As I can’t edit the page through the editor or cornerstone (message “managed through 3rd party plugin”), I guess the only option is html (?). I have both Essential Grid and The Grid activated before making a choice.

My global settings are full-width (no sidebar), so using the global content option is not much use and I don’t really want a sidebar unless I can’t filter.

Many thanks indeed!

Alex

Many thanks,

Alex

Hello Alex,

Thanks for writing in! Please be advised that the blog index will display the posts items in chronological order. It will not matter the category or tags for each of the posts.

The filter by category or the filterable index is an exclusive feature which can only be found in Ethos theme. It is not available in Icon or any other stack. To know more about the Filterable Index, please check this article:

Hope this helps.

Gosh! This is a main setback, as my site is 90% done, and the blog is just a small part. Any chance future releases adresses this? I’m sure I’m not the only one to need filtering. :sob:

A crappy solution but if I set up a page with The Grid or Essential Grid post categories and turn the posts page into draft do you think it might work? I can “un menu” it but I’d rather avoid 2 public posts pages.

Many thanks,

Alex

Hello Alex,

If you are up to modifying your blog index with the help of TheGrid or Essential grid plugin, then these links might interest you.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

Mant thanks for this!!! :smile: :thumbsup:

You’re welcome, Alex.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.