Blog busted after last update

The blog is nolonger opening/loading after the last update. It just sits there with 3 block dots bloop-bloop-blooping.
A few strange things in inspection:
Uncaught SyntaxError: Malformed arrow function parameter list - x-site.min.js:1
Uncaught TypeError: $(…).xsmartresize is not a function
Uncaught TypeError: $(…).$window.scrollBottom is not a function
Uncaught TypeError: $container.xIsotope is not a function

I don’t want to leave them hanging, so I’m going to revert to a previous backup. Just reverted X to 8.0.10 from 11. Didn’t fix it. Going to revert Cornerstone from 5.0.11 - 5.0.10
Also note, this is only for the main /blog/ archive, not individual posts. Those seem to be appearing fine.

Hello Abby,

Thanks for writing to us.

I checked your given page URL It seems it is working fine at my end. I would suggest you purge all the cache and clear browser cache then check it again. If possible please check in the private mode of the browser. It is always a good practice to purge all the cache whenever you update the theme, plugin, or WordPress so that latest code renders properly.

If the issue still persists please let us know. I would suggest you troubleshoot with a few of the common issues before we investigate your settings.

1. Testing for Plugin Conflict
  2. CSS/JS Customization
  3. Version Compatibility
  4. Disabling Cache
  5. Child Theme

If none of those work, please share your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Yes, it’s working fine now that I reverted Cornerstone to 5.0.10. It wasn’t the X update, it was the 5.0.11 Cornerstone update.

Ok, thanks for letting us know, Abby. If you do update again and have problems, let us know so that we can investigate further.

Hi @matt,
So how should we go about this? Do you want me to create an admin login for you and you guys can make a staging copy of the site to test what’s going on with Cornerstone 5.0.11? Or are you already aware of an issue and are working on a patch?
This site has minimal plugins and doesn’t have much customization (just a little CSS).
This is a live client website so I’m sure you can understand that I can’t leave their blog down for an indeterminate amount of time for bug testing.

Hi Abby,

I would suggest you please copy your live site to a staging server and update the X theme. I would also suggest you follow the below steps while updating the X theme and the Cornerstone.

1. Delete the Cornerstone existing one
  2. Update the X theme to the latest version on automatic updates, if it is not already updated to 8.0.11 already
  3. After deletion of the Cornerstone, please use the link in the dashboard to automatically install the Cornerstone.

If that does not resolve your issue, please provide login credentials of your staging site in a secure note to examine it further, including:

– WordPress Site URL & Login URL
– WordPress Admin username/password

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.