Blank front page after updating to X 9.0.8 and cornerstone 6.0.8

https://www.specialcats.co.uk/

I could do without this hassle, is it likely to be fixed with an update soon?
What version should I revert it to?
And where do I find the old versions of Cornerstone? I can’t find them on my account dashboard anywhere

Hello @lisacole1,

In case if you want to revert it back you can use the stable version of the theme, you can download the theme from the Themeco Dashboard account.

Themeco-Single-Licenses

Or

You can restore the backup of your site, you can ask your hosting provider to restore the database and files on the previous date.

I checked your site it seems that there might be the issue of plugin conflict or cache issue
I would suggest you troubleshoot with a few of the common issues before we investigate your settings.

1. Testing for Plugin Conflict
  2. CSS/JS Customization
  3. Version Compatibility
  4. Disabling Cache
  5. Child Theme

I would also suggest you it would be best if you could copying your live website to your staging area. and send your details in a secure note so that we can investigate your setting without breaking your main site. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password
  • FTP Details

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Thank you, If I disable all active plugins I have the same problem so I don’t think it is a conflict.
I reverted to an older X theme but I cant find out where to download an older Cornerstone

Hello @lisacole1

Thanks for sharing the login details. it seems that you are using the X theme of version 8.3.3 and Cornerstone 6.0.8 version. It is causing the version compatibility issue. I would suggest you update the theme or you need to delete the Cornerstone plugin to install the compatible version of the Cornerstone page builder plugin. When you delete the Cornerstone plugin it would display the notifications on your dashboard to install the Cornerstone plugin by the help of that link you can install the compatible version of the Cornerstone page builder plugin.

Hope it helps
Thanks

I tried all that before I contacted you.
I reverted to an older version of X because the new version caused this to happen. But I couldn’t work out how to revert to an older version of Cornerstone.
I have now updated X but it hasn’t solved the problem.

Hello @lisacole1,

Sorry for your inconvenience, I checked your site dashboard and site settings it seems that this is an internal server error on your site. This error usually happens due to a corrupted .htaccess file and PHP memory limit.

Please have a look at this article to learn more about how to fix it

You can also contact your hosting provider to check it. I would also recommend you please make sure your server PHP version is 7.4 or 7.4 plus as per our version compatibility page. It is also recommended by WordPress as well.

Please have a look at this article.

Thanks

this is what the hosts say but the site says wordpress is up to date:
Hi Lisa,
I’ve had a look, the error is not being caused by memory or the PHP version. The theme is trying to use a wordpress function called wp_body_open(), however this does not exist on the site. The site is running wordpress 4.8 (I think from 2017?), whereas the theme is trying to use features that were not included until newer versions.

​The error log has the following in it when trying to view the homepage.

[12-Sep-2021 12:42:48 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function wp_body_open() in /home/splcats/public_html/wp-content/themes/x/framework/legacy/cranium/headers/views/global/_header.php:20
Stack trace:
#0 /home/splcats/public_html/wp-content/themes/x/framework/legacy/functions/frontend/view-routing.php(36): include()
#1 /home/splcats/public_html/wp-content/themes/x/framework/legacy/functions/frontend/view-routing.php(74): x_render_view(’/home/splcats/p…’, Array, true)
#2 /home/splcats/public_html/wp-content/themes/x/framework/legacy/cranium/headers/views/renew/wp-header.php(11): x_get_view(‘global’, ‘_header’)
#3 /home/splcats/public_html/wp-content/themes/x/framework/legacy/functions/frontend/view-routing.php(36): include(’/home/splcats/p…’)
#4 /home/splcats/public_html/wp-content/themes/x/framework/legacy/functions/frontend/view-routing.php(74): x_render_view(’/home/splcats/p…’, Array, true)
#5 /home/splcats/public_html/wp-content/themes/x/framework/legacy/cranium/headers/views/header/base.php(17): x_get_view(‘renew’, 'wp in /home/splcats/public_html/wp-content/themes/x/framework/legacy/cranium/headers/views/global/_header.php on line 20

​You may need to switch to a different theme or downgrade and update wordpress to one that is compatible with the theme I think for the site to load.

Hey @lisacole1,

It looks like your site is working now because you’ve updated WordPress. My colleague shared in his previous response that you check for Version Compatibility. It was listed the Version Compatiblity page that the recommended version of WordPress is 5.8. Always ensure that you’ve updated everything including WordPress.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.