Bilingual in Header Builder element

Dear support,

I just built a header by the Header builder and I found that the text in the Text element cannot be translated in WPML. Is there any alternative to do that? I just want to put the company hotline at the top bar and the wording ‘Hotline’ shows in different language when a language is selected.

Cheers,
Ken

Hi there,

Thanks for posting in.

There are known issues between Pro/X and WPML so let’s try this as work around.

  1. In your WPML URL setting, make sure it’s in this format /en/ instead of ?lang=en. I think it’s in language settings section of your WPML.

  2. Then go to Admin > Settings > Permalinks and save it (to flush it).

  3. Then, go to your header builder manually by accessing the URL in your browser

Examples,

http://example.com/en/x/
http://example.com/fr/x/

  1. Then create your header for that language as well your preferred contents.

This works on my test, but may not in your install. Please provide your admin login credentials so I could try it too :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Dear support,

Let me send you the login details of my website. I have no idea where is ‘Admin’ > ‘Settings’ > ‘Permalinks’.

Cheers,
Ken

Hi Ken,

We tried a workaround but not really working on your site. Same with my reply on your other post: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/wpml-issues-with-pro/3364, WPML is not yet compatible with the header and footer builder as of the moment and our developers are still working on it. We’re sorry for the confusion and inconvenience this has caused you. We will let you know once we have an update. Thank you for understanding.