Beta Pro 6.0 - Classic Gravity Forms Element

This has been a bug for a while but still exists.

(Been using the classic element as the ajax submit has been broken on the V2 element for so long.)

If you have a form element using the first form in the list of Gravity Forms forms and you import a new for that ends up in the list above the this form then the new form replaces all instances of the old for with the new form.

(Hopefully that makes sense.)

By example:

I have two Gravity forms. Gravity Forms lists forms alphabetically.

1. Contact Form
  2. Newsletter Sign Up

On my contact page I assign “Contact Form” to a “Classic Gravity Form” element. This is alphabetically the first form in the list.

If I now import a form into my site called “Campaign” it automatically replaces “Contact Form” on my contact page as it is now the first form in the Gravity Forms list.

This does not happen to other forms. It only in the instances where the old form was first in the list and the new form is alphabetically higher than the the old form.

This happens both if you import or create the form manually.

@urchindesign, I believe I’m following this correctly. Let me know if this tracks:

• Let’s say you have two Gravity Forms forms (say that three times fast) setup in their plugin interface. One is called “B” and one is called “C.”
  • On a page, you have “B” assigned via the Classic Gravity Forms Element.
  • At a later date, you create (or import) a new form in the Gravity Forms backend that you name “A.”
  • Upon doing this, your “B” form is replaced with your “A” form.

Just trying to bring some clarity to it for us to begin tracking down the issue. Thanks!

Yes that is correct.

You say it much better than I do.

This one caused some massive problems for me on a busy production site for one of our local fibre providers…

Perfect, I’ve got it noted down!