Beta 3: Overwriting presets

Hello,

I saved an Inline Nav preset, and then changed my mind on which menu the Nav referenced. I re-saved the Preset, but it didn’t overwrite the original save - nor did I get an UI indication of “Do you want to overwrite?” by using the same name again, nor an “Updated!” indication to show I’d then replaced the earlier save.

Bill.

Pants - it was a user error. Apologies

No worries. Thanks for the heads up. That’s one of the our less than elegant mechanics. It’d be nice if we could at some point rework that control to have a better option for updating an existing preset.

1 Like

I’ve been using this feature quite a lot on a current build and did find it slightly clunky to work with but still very doable and helpful.

I was wondering though with the Theme Reboot and the library that you’ve talked about in this thread:

Would this preset function be basically obsolete because you would then have these presets in this new library function?

Not quite, the feature discussed there will let you create different global values (colors, text, icons, fonts, etc.). This will give you more milage out of elements but Presets will still be needed for portability between sites.