Best place to review all Pro Theme components?

Hello - I have a nice site set up at leafip.co, but I am updating the design. Where can I see live samples all fo the components like accordions, lists, carousels, etc? The Classic and V2 versions? It’s difficult to preview these if I have to add them to a page and configure then configure them. Is there a web page with samples?

Thanks!

Hello Richard,

Thanks for writing in!

You can take a look at following resources to view the demo:

1. Classic elements: http://demo.theme.co/integrity-1/shortcodes/accordion/
  2. As of now, we don’t have a centralised resource to view demo of all the V2 elements. However, you can take a look at the demo page of Design cloud which will give you some bit of idea about the elements.

Thanks.

Thank you. Make sense.

So, it sounds like there aren’t a lot of custom controls. I’m assuming we need to write them, or integration 3rd party libraries. I’m thinking things like carrousels, or slider like on this page of Partners. Is this what the Design Cloud is for? Are there any tips for picking 3rd party plugs to integrate with? Thanks!

Hello Richard,

Thanks for updating the thread.

If you would like to add sliders then I suggest you use the bundled plugin Revolution or Layer Slider to the website. After creating the slider you can use the Shortcodes to display the slider.

To learn more, please take a look at following resource:

Thanks.

Hello Prasant -

Thank you. But I’m not looking for sliders. I’m looking for fancy carrousels, and other interactive elements. Modern tab component. Should I plan on intergratting 3rd party libraries for these? Again, please look at the tabs on this page.

Hello Richard,

Revslider also offers carousel. See samples here.
We do have a classic tab it doesn’t cover animations at the moment. For grids you might check essentai grid. Here’s the list of complete, supported and bundled plugins available. For other animation that is not covered by the bundled plugins, feel free to install 3rd party plugins. Note that support for this should be directed to the plugin developer. Thank you.

Hi Lely - thank you so much. This is good to know. I need to figure out how to integrate a 3rd party library inside a Cornerstone managed page. Do you have any resources that talk about that? I’ve hand coded WP templates before, but this whole CS mananged online editing is a little mysterious. For example, do people like me end up downloading a template and add the JS, libraries, and CSS in that and upload? Or, can we install somehow inside of Cornerstone? I see on that samples page that some of the approved components can be enabled as extensions. What about a completely random library like say d3.js?

Hey Richard,

One way and a recommended way could be to create a new element in Cornerstone using Cornerstone API see https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/cornerstone-content-builder-custom-elements/217 I’d also recommend you to review the sample extension.

Other way is to install a third party plugin e.g for d3.js you can take a look at the following plugin https://wordpress.org/plugins/maxicharts-d3js-add-on/ and you can use it inside the Cornerstone built pages using the shortcodes but please note that we cannot provide support for third party plugins or scripts as our support policy in the sidebar states due to the fact that there is simply no way to account for all of the potential variables at play when using another developer’s plugin or script.

Hope this helps!

Hello - thanks for this.

Can we actually edit the templates themselves on disk if we wanted to? I haven’t looked into the file set yet. I mean in general, could we access the code for say the Inline Search and modify it?

Hello Richard,

You can access the files in Cornerstone plugin and modify it. We do not recommend this route because your modifications will always get overwritten when there is a new Cornerstone update. It is best that you create your own element based from the Cornerstone element instead.

Hope this helps.

Okay Thanks. Makes sense.

You are most welcome!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.