Background video has to work on mobile

It’s absolutely unbelievable that your great dev team can’t solve this. It was the reason why i went to f*cking Elementor from Pro. I didn’t want but this simple issue and your permanent reaction on it FOR YEARS was an issue. Video background is an amazing tool for designers all over the world (and on mobile too). And it is a user choice to use it or not. But here seems like you think it’s your choice how we should construct our sites.

1 Like

Hi @vdvortsov,

We are really sorry that you are having such a problem. Our development team is aware of this issue and they are still investigating this, but unfortunately, there is no news on this till now.

Please bear with us

Any update on this?

I agree with the others in this thread, this is basic functionality offered by your competitors and it’s absolutely ridiculous that this would take more than a month to implement natively into the theme. Please make this a priority with your development team - I’m about to move my 30+ sites over to Elementor or something similar if this isn’t fixed soon as I can’t put my trust in a theme/company that can’t resolve this type of basic issue in a reasonable timeline – there are support posts going back for YEARS noting this as an issue and still no solution in sight?

1 Like

Hey @jgille07,

We are sorry for the inconvenience! I check the issue tracker and this is still an ongoing issue. We cannot make any promises at this stage. And since this is a bug, it will be fixed by the development team. We do not have an ETA though.

Thank you for your understanding.

If i’m not wrong it’s your policy (unavailable video background on mobile) - not issue or bug. Name it as is. You wrote about it so many times earlier. So no one will do anything with it.

Hello @vdvortsov,

We will inform our developers to make a follow up to this issue. Please bear with us.

Thank you.

Come on guys, I agree with everyone, why is it so f##king hard to do this? I had to go trough the embarrassment of trying to explain clients why it works on their crappy wix sites and not in Pro, this is not a bug is just basic functionality, I’ve been searching for ages on this issue and the answer is always pretty much “Use a poster image because we think is better” Is not about what you believe, is about what we need to get done. If the client wants a video bg that works on mobile they should have it, end of discussion, if performance is a concern then why not adding a feature to show a specific clip for mobile that works better.

Hey Diego,

The closest thing to show a specific clip on mobile for now is to use a poster GIF. Not a JPEG or PNG but a GIF. It’s not only lighter to use a GIF but it’s also widely supported in mobile browers.

2022-05-11_17h33_21

Please kindly wait for our development team to tackle this case and if updates are released, check our Changelog in our Docs to see the latest features and bug fixes.

Thank you for understanding.

Hi there,

We too would like to see videos supported on mobile devices, so a fix for this soon would be very much appreciated. Looking forward to a solution here!

1 Like

Hello @lifehouseglobal,

We have already reported the issue and the issue is in our issue tracker for our development team. There is no ETA at the moment so I would request you, please stay tuned for succeeding theme updates.

Thanks for understanding

Hi, just seeking for an update, is there a way to escalate this issue to a higher priority item? Thanks… :confused:

Hey Diego,

We have bump the issue tracker to follow up on the issue. Please be advised that we do not have an ETA yet on the release or that this fix will be available in the next release. You can check out the latest news and updates from out Twitter and Facebook page.

Please bear with us.

I’m also very frustrated at this issue. I understand the desire to improve user experience by not downloading large videos on mobile, but there are very specific cases where developers need the ability to do this. Not having the ability to override your safety measure is disappointing at best. Please escalate this fix so developers can build in your platform as this is marketed as a professional theme, not consumer level.

1 Like

Hey @apparatus,

We are really sorry for the inconvenience! This issue is still in a queue in our tracker but rest assured that our developers will look into the said issue. We cannot make any promises at this stage. And since this is a bug, it will be fixed by the development team. We do not have an ETA though.

Thank you for your understanding.

Hello Themeco team, any updates on this feature? this is a request that it’s been gaining traction from several clients lately. Please help

Hey Diego,

There’s no update yet. We would certainly help if there’s a simple workaround. But, there’s none.

Please stay tuned.

Thanks.

UPDATED

Hey everyone,

here is an easy way to tackle this that I found works for me.

the reason why we cannot add playsinline to the video is because at the time the page is created, its within a script template, so the video doesn’t actually exist yet, but we can edit the template before it gets generated.

You can add this code to your Global JS, and it will run everywhere there is a video and inject playsinline :slight_smile:

// Force the Hero Video to PlayInline
const $videos = [...document.querySelectorAll(".x-video.player script")];    
$videos.map( video => {
    video.innerText = video.innerText.replace(" muted>"," muted playsinline>");
});

Best, Anton

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing the information Anton.

Good afternoon everyone,

I m not sure if i understood the problem correctly, but i really don’t know why you are all complaining.
The fix is very easy :

1/ Create a Grid instead of Row / column element.
2/ Give that grid two layers overlapping each-other.
3/ The top layer can display your content as usual.
4/ The bottom layer should receive a video element, with playinline.
It works perfectly on mobile, plus you can achieve way more complex design with that grid element.

Even easier :
1/ Within the section, create a DIV, put the video element on it. Make sure the Z-index of that div is less than your Row. End.

If you need to get something done, maybe try a bit more instead of complaining against a tool that is providing such high-end webdesign.

Cheers,

1 Like

Hey @Thaelys,

Thanks for sharing your ideas, we really appreciate it!