Background video has to work on mobile

We all purchased a service and our voices as customers of this platform need to be heard, is not about complaining, is about not taking into consideration any of the users requests for basic features. What’s the purpose of making updates to the product if in the end is not able to meet very basic functionality for a high-end development tool? Also the lame excuses and support by just saying “Video is not optimal for mobile just use an image” as much as that’s true we shouldn’t be told to just do things the way they feel like. Is a matter of saying we are not providing that basic feature, that way we could make a decision where to put our money.

In any case thank you and everyone for helping, sorry for the rant but I’ve been so annoyed by this issue that I guess the workaround will do.

2 Likes

Hey @achievestudio,

We’re sorry for the inconvenience but we’re glad that the workaround works properly on your end.

Thank you for understanding.

I understand you might be frustrated, but your approach may not be so intuitive to everyone. I recommend holding off on comments like this in the future.

“If you need to get something done, maybe try a bit more instead of complaining against a tool that is providing such high-end webdesign.”

It is high-end web design / development. While agree with your sentiment, I think you should reconsider your tone for a web forum (especially one we are all invested in) and be more respectful.

2 Likes

Hey guess what @thaelys

Unfortunately, none of the above works if you want to set your video as a Background to force zero margin gap across all device screen sizes.

Which was mentioned in line 1 of this thread:

See Video Background usage in Row one below, and your option in Row two:

Note - the same gaps can apply on mobile.

So yeah, to second @TonyBear , maybe it’s not just “try a bit more instead of complaining” and maybe its understanding, in full, the actual issue at hand.

1 Like

Hi @ruenel

This isn’t totally accurate. The background videos do play by default on Android phones using Chrome Mobile. I have tested on my own Pixel 6.

Can we please get an understanding as to why they do not play on iPhones, but do so on Android, via the Pro framework?

Realistically, this issue should’ve been resolved by now. If the required result is correct on some devices, but not on others, then it’s up to the Pro Dev Team to resolve across the remaining devices you’d think? We currently have an end-result that is essentially 60% of the way accurate, and it’s been like this for a while now.

Thanks
Sam

cc/ @christian

Hello !

Unfortunately, none of the above works if you want to set your video as a Background to force zero margin gap across all device screen sizes.

We are talking about mobile screen size. As i understand it, and i may be wrong, but you are free to use the standard background video thing for your column/row when you are not on mobile.

Now i’m not sure what you want to achieve, but are you trying to keep the two column aspect within a mobile device ?

Is this what you want ?

Regards

Hi @Thaelys,

Thank you very much for chiming in and for taking some time to share on thoughts about the background videos.

Cheers.

It can play on iPhone so long as it’s iOS 10 and above which supports playsinline video attribute.

In your video tag do the following
<video src=“video_url” muted autoplay loop playsinline />

You will notice your video plays on iOS.

Reference

Hey @antonsiedlecki,

Thanks for this information.

Cheers.