Background video doesn't start

Hi.
On this page: https://www.copilates.se/about-me/
I would like to add a background mp4 video as a background. I would like it to be behind the section with a lot of white text - but if I place the video there the video doesn’t start. Instead I had to create a revolution slider to place below - where the video starts.
Below the revolution slider I have created a new section where I have placed the video as a background (see the attached picture). But this doesn’t start.
What could be wrong?

Tomas

Hello @TomasJarvling,

Thanks for writing to us.

I checked the background video on local development site it seems that is working fine at my local development site. It might be the issue of any plugin conflict or JS/CSS customization. I would suggest you troubleshoot with a few of the common issues before we investigate your settings.

1. Testing for Plugin Conflict
  2. CSS/JS Customization
  3. Version Compatibility
  4. Disabling Cache
  5. Disabling Cdn
  6. Child Theme

If it doesn’t work for you, please share your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password
  • Exact Page URL

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Hello Tomas,

I checked in my local development server the background video is working fine. I would suggest you update your theme and Cornerstone plugin to the 8.1.5 and 5.1.5 version respectively.

I would also suggest you purge all the cache and then check again. If it doesn’t work, it would be best if you could copying your live website to your staging area. and send your details in a secure note so that we can investigate your setting without breaking your live site.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.