Background layout - Video for Desktops and Image for Mobile phones

I am trying to use Pro theme to use background layout video for desktops and an image for mobile phones. How can I achieve this with cornerstone.

Hello Brandon,

Thanks for writing in!

Please check out this video first:

Be advised that modern browsers may now play video backgrounds.

Cheers.

I didn’t feel like this video addressed my need. How do I use a background video for desktops and an image for mobile phones. The video explained how to make a background image and video, but didn’t explain how to make one show up for desktops and the other to show up for mobile phones.

I see that video 4 was relevant to what I need, but it doesn’t appear to be working for me. I have my background layer for upper set to video. With video and poster URLs set, but mobile phone still plays video instead of image.

Hello Brandon,

The videos showed you how to use background images and background video. You can mixed it up and apply it to a separate DIV element and you’ll have want you need. If I am gonna have it on a page, I would do it like this:

Section 
    DIV element - positioned as Absolute with "100%" width and height, have the video background visible on desktops
    DIV element - DIV element - positioned as Absolute with "100%" width and height, have the background image visible only for mobile

Row element
         Column 1
         Column 2

In the structure above, I would take advantage of using the DIV element and utilize the “Hide During Breakpoints” element feature.

Do you know how to insert a DIV element inside a Section element?

You can press the CMD and click on the “+” icon.

Best Regards.

Do you have paid support? This is taking a long time. I don’t know how to do all of that

Hey Brandon,

Yes, we do. It’s called One Total Care where we can do the implementation.

I don’t mind paying, but I don’t just want someone to do it for me. I also want to understand the solution.

Hey Brandon,

Yes, in One Total Care we will do the implementation and at the same time, we can also guide you on how we do it.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.