Autoplay video with sound

Good morning! I’m currently building a website for a musician, and we would like to have a video on autoplay with sound on the homepage. I’ve read on the forum that the only way to achieve an autoplay video would be to have it on mute, is that correct? Is there a way to override this?
I tried other ways, such as a video background, but then there is no sound. I also tried to make a slider background with Revolution Slider, but then again, I do not manage to activate the sound.
Would you have some advice for me? Thank you very much! :slight_smile:

And my follow-up question would be : if I put a video on autoplay that is muted, is there a way for the controls to only show a “mute/unmute” button instead of the time rail? Thank you!

Hello @Sylvakin,

Thanks for writing to us.

I would suggest you add a Video element for the video and video autoplay with the sound. You need to set the Autoplay button.
Test-Page-Builder-Pro (8)

In case if you have not seen the video documentation please have look at our video documentation.

Hope it helps
Thanks

Hello Prakash,
Thank you for your answer. I’ve previously set the video on Autoplay without the Muted option, but it doesn’t work : I have to click on the video to start it. I saw that browsers are disabling autoplay when there is sound involved, so I thought that was the case here. How can I make it work?

Hello @Sylvakin,

In order to help you with your concern, we need to check your settings, please send your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password
  • Exact page URL

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

I’ve updated with a secure note!

Hello @Sylvakin,

The Video element and its settings is correct and functioning well. We also take into account that any elements on the page can always be overridden by the browser. Most mdern browsers does have several privacy settings, improving and getting strict more and more. One of these is that modern browsers will automatically block autoplay videos especially when there is audio. In most case, Autoplay is allowed when muted though. All of these settings, the theme or the Video element has no control.

Hope this helps.

Hi, thank you for your answer! That’s what I thought. I’m going to let autoplay on mute then, and let the user unmute the video, as the most important thing is that the video is on autoplay.
Is there a way to only have the unmute button appear and not the timetrail on the video?

Hey @Sylvakin,

That is only possible through element modification but regretfully, that is beyond the scope of our theme support. You might want to check our One plan where we can provide customization guidance and answer any WordPress-related questions.

Thanks.

Ok, thank you for your answer! Have a nice week :slight_smile:

Hi @Sylvakin,

You’re welcome! If you have any other concerns or clarifications regarding our theme features, feel free to open up a new thread.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.