Attempting to update footer and receiving a fail to save error

Hello,

I am trying to update the copyright year in the footer of a client’s website but I’m receiving a fail to save error. Everything appears to be updated on the backend. Can you please assist?

The website is Keysource

Thank you,
B

Hello @BeeDesigns

Thanks for writing to us.

It might be the issue of plugin conflict or JS/CSS customization. I would suggest you troubleshoot with a few of the common issues before we investigate your settings.

1. Testing for Plugin Conflict
  2. CSS/JS Customization
  3. Version Compatibility
  4. Disabling Cache
  5. Child Theme

If none of those work, please share your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Hello,

Thank you for the recommendations. I tested for plugin conflicts and checked the CSS/JS customization options. I am not sure about the version compatibility of PHP and MySQL. Wordpress is up to date. It does not appear to be a cache plugin installed. And I’m not sure if it’s on a parent or child theme. I would like to send the login credentials, but the "Secure Note’ option is not populating on the bottom. Can you advise another way for me to send it securely?

B

Hi @BeeDesigns,

For further help, we need to investigate your site by logging in. If you didn’t find the secure note options in your current comment, you can add them in your previous comments. Please find the screenshot below.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hello, @BeeDesigns,

Thanks for sharing the credentials. I checked your theme option footer content area settings. The content that you have added is rendering fine on the frontend at my end. In case if it is not rendering at your end, I would suggest you clear your browser cache and then check it again or it would be best if you could check in the private mode of the browser.

Home-KeySource-Investigations

You can also check the source code that is rendering on the frontend. Please have a look at the given screenshot in the secure note.

Thanks

Hello,

I’ve cleared the cache and views in private mode. I’m still running into the same issue of not being able to save. When I attempt to update the copyright year from “2020” to “2021”, it generates in the preview. But it’s some type of error causing it not to save the change I’m trying to make.

Hello @BeeDesigns,

You are having an issue because of this script code:

<script type="text/javascript" src="https://cdn.ywxi.net/js/1.js" async></script>

I went ahead and remove the code already. Please make sure that this script code is not malicious. If you got this code from somewhere else, you will need to scan it first free of any malicious codes before adding it to your site.

Best Regards.

Thank you! This resolved the issue.

You’re welcome.