Attempt to Add Blog Page Fail

I am attempting to create a Blog Page to my Theme X 8.0.11. I added the page, changed the Reading Options to Post. When I try to build any content using WPBakery (updated), there is just the error below. I am not able to add anything.

Is Theme X compatible with building blog pages?

Hello @kellihriv,

Thanks for writing in! Please go to Posts > Add New. Make sure that you have created post items because these are the items that will display in your blog index. If this is not helping, please provide us access to your site so we can investigate. You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Hey @kellihriv,

It’s only natural that no blog post is shown because you don’t have even 1 published post. You have 1 scheduled post and that won’t show up.

Please publish a post.

Thanks.

Greetings,

It was scheduled to publish today (which it did). Now my domain www.knakdigital.com has an error and won’t load.

Hi @kellihriv,

We are not quite sure what’s the error on your website. In order for us to give you some guidance on how you can fix it, please follow the steps on the documentation below to enable the WP debug.

Hope that helps.

Hi Marc,

Changes made in File Manager. Question, do I need to delete this line of code?

WP_DEBUG' ,false);

Hello @kellihriv,

I checked your debug log it seems that you were using the updated X theme but you have not updated the Cornerstone page builder plugin just because there was a version compatibility issue. I have updated the Cornerstone page builder plugin please have a look at your site now.

Thanks

THANK YOU SO MUCH (can you tell I am not technical?)

I re-added the blog to the menu, and the formatting is off with the first post. Do I need to add a container, or what needs to be done to format that first post?

Hello @kellihriv,

It seems that there is no space for the menu item, I would suggest you decrease the padding-left & right or decrease the font size so that the Header menu items get aligned.

Theme Options —>Header—>Links–>Font Size.
Theme-Options-X (1)x

Theme Options —>Header—>Side Alignment.

Theme-Options-X (1)

For the post formating, it seems that you have only one published post I would suggest you add some more posts so that the Masonry layout works properly or you need to set the Blog Layout as a Standard layout.

Theme Options—>Blog

Theme-Options-X (1)

Hope it helps
Thanks

Yes, all very helpful.

Where do I go to adjust the settings of the blog posts (remove the jobs column)?

Hello @kellihriv,

In case if you want to change the sidebar, you need to go to the Appearance —>Widget–>Main Sidebar. You can remove the widget from here and then add a new one.

In case if you want to make the Blog post page full width you need to go to the Theme Option —>Layout and Design—>Content Layout —>Full width.

Theme-Options-X (2)

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.