Assigning Headers & Footers to specific pages - they're not taking effect

So I’ve created multiple Headers and Footers for specific pages I want them to populate on.

I’ve gone inside the Header/Footer Settings and have enabled the new Menus, but they’re not taking effect still and the Main Header that is attached to Global is still overriding the header/footer with assigned pages.

Is there another place I need to enable them?

This is what I’ve done:

I have my main Header/Footer set to a Global/All Pages setting

I then have my Shop Header/Footer set to populate on specific pages only, but the Global one still seems to be blanketing all pages.

I’ve tried making the Priority 0 on both (default) and 1:2 or 2:1 etc and that didn’t seem to help.

The Header/Footer show correctly in Cornerstone, but do not populate on the website.

So what am I missing here?

Thanks!

Hello John,

Thanks for writing to us.

It generally happens due to cache, I would suggest you please make sure you have purged all the server cache and in case you are using Cloudflare please clear all the cache from there then clear your browser cache then check it again.

If it doesn’t work I would suggest you troubleshoot a few of the common issues before we investigate your settings.

1. Testing for Plugin Conflict
  2. CSS/JS Customization
  3. Version Compatibility
  4. Disabling Cache
  5. Child Theme

If none of those work, It would be best if you could copy your live website to your staging area. and send your details in a secure note so that we can investigate your setting without breaking your live site. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

ok I cleared the cache and still isn’t working.

There has to be anther place I have to enable it within Cornerstone? What about the Theme Options, I see there’s some Menu’s that are selected and enabled there. Do I need to do something different there?

Or do I need to disable the Main Header from the pages I want the Shop Header on?

If I can’t figure it out in a little bit, I’ll add my login details.

Thanks.

Hello John,

Those are Menu assignments and are not connected with the assignments of the custom header or footer. Please check out your header/footer assignments and also take of the the priority number. The higher the number value means that it will be less prioritized. Kindly check out this documentation first:

Best Regards.

Ok I’ve tried and still can’t get it to work.

If I add the Shop Menu to the Entire Site, it works and populates. So there must be something I’m missing, because it works, but now it’s blanketing the entire site like my Main global header is.

I tried making the Shop Header Priority 0 and the Main Header Priority 1 to see if that would get the Shop Header to populate on the pages I designated, but still isn’t working correctly.

Can you please log in and take a peek around?

I’ve added login credentials to the secure note.

Thanks!

Hi John,

I have checked your website thoroughly and found that you have set the Shop page as your static Home Page and you need to use the WooCommerce Archive > Shop in the condition as shown in the given screenshot. I have tested that condition and now the footer is showing as expected.

Thanks

Sweet!! Thank you so much! I knew there was a setting I was missing.

One last question while we’re here.

My Footer can be kind of long and it doesn’t seem to ever push it to a second row, instead just pushes it off the screen.

So how can I get my Headers & Footers to automatically create a second line/row for the menu when it’s too long instead of pushing itself off the page?

Thanks!

Hi John,

I checked it again and found that the Flexbox > Wrap was Off and Flexbox > Self Flex was No Shrink of the Navigation Inline > Menu. I tested and set the Flexbox > Wrap value to On and Flexbox > Self Flex value to Standard which makes the navigation in two different lines on smaller screens.

Thanks

Ahh great, thank you!

I turned on the Flexbox and made it Standard for all of my Footers and Headers.

Is this the correct thing to do for Headers as well?

Actually now that I checked my Header on mobile, it seems to have put part of my Header Menu at the bottom of the page when I choose these options.

Should I just revert them back, or is there something I’m not doing right?

I thought I had the little hamburger menu on my mobile versions. What do I need to do in order to get the burger menu back mobile?

Thanks!

Hey John,

If you want to style your header, I highly suggest checking our header tutorial for more tips.

Hope that helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.