Archive Titles and Description on Icon Stack

I got everything set up on my site and just realized that the Icon stack does not have archive title and archive description displayed like the other stacks. Is there a way that I can manually add them in my child theme? Which file do I use or which file can I compare it to with Integrity so that I can try to make the change?

Thanks.

Hi There,

Thank you for writing in! Since this will require a template change, please setup a child theme. After installing and activating the child theme, add this on your child theme’s functions.php file.

/**
Landmark to the icon stack archive pages
*/
function custom_landmark() { 
 if(is_archive()) : ?>
    <h1 class="h-landmark max width center-text mts mbn"><span><?php echo single_cat_title( '', false ); ?></span></h1>
  <?php endif; 
}
add_action('x_after_view_icon__breadcrumbs','custom_landmark', 90);

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

1 Like

Yes, that worked awesomely. :grin: Thank you!!!

You’re more than welcome, glad we could help.

Cheers!

Hi, I’ve tried this on our site and it doesn’t seem to be working. Is there something else I can try?
Here’s a link to one of our archive pages: https://www.sharemytoolbox.com/category/announcements/
Thanks

Hi @elevenmassmedia ,

Thanks for writing around! Please use this code instead in your Child Theme’s functions.php file:

/**
Landmark to the icon stack archive pages
*/
function custom_landmark() { 
 if(is_archive()) : ?>
    <h1 class="h-landmark max width center-text mts mbn"><span><?php echo single_cat_title( '', false ); ?></span></h1>
  <?php endif; 
}
add_action('x_after_site_begin','custom_landmark', 90);

Let us know how this goes!

Looks like that worked, thanks so much!

Glad we could help.

Cheers!