Archive Layout does not show "Find a Template"

Hi, I am trying to create a search results Layout. When I follow these instructions:

it shows me that I should see “Find a Template” after I create the Archive Layout, but it always shows the homepage. If I switch the preview, it does show me a different preview, but there is no way to get to “Find a Template”.

I must be missing something obvious…

Hi Riceman,

Thanks for reaching out!

To show the find a template, you need to click the use template when you create your archive Layout.

Hope that helps.

Thank you.

Thanks!

yes, thats the issue tho, I dont see the options “from scratch, use template, etc”. I see the homepage instead, and adding a section doesnt change anything. :frowning:

Hi Riceman,

Would you mind sharing your website credentials so that we can confirm your issue? To do that, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.

Just added the secure note above… thanks for taking a look

Hello @coloradodesigngroup,

The layout builder works mainly works Post, Post category and tags since there were no posts at your site, you were not able to see the stater template to use.

I have created one posts on your server and then I created the layout for the archive and a single layout and it is working fine. Please have a look at the given screenshot below.

Thanks

Thanks, I am actually trying to create a layout for Search Results.

Hello Riceman,

Thanks for updating in! If you are creating a Search Results layout, you will still use the archive layout builder. Did you find the “Find a Template” already? Click the “Use Template”.

Kindly let us know how it goes.

Thanks. Not sure what changed, but I could finally access the templates. Once there it was really straight forward. Was there something you changed to “not have the homepage show up” and actually show the template choices?

Hey Riceman,

We did not change anything. It could be the way you have added the layout. Be advised that there will be different templates when you add a custom single layout or archive layout.

Best Regards.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.