Anchor Links & Opening Links in Cornerstone

Hello, I am having issues adding anchor links to cornerstone. I created a button that I would like to link to lower in the page and I can’t find an option to add an anchor link. Is that an option that isn’t available in cornerstone?

I am also having issues with links opening in a new tab or new window instead of the current tab when linking to a subdomain. Is there an option when linking to a subdomain to have it open in the current tab?

Hello @wkeyes3,

Thanks for writing to us.

I would suggest you go to your page and insert the Button element, now you need to insert the URL in the URL text box and select the “New tab” checkbox to open the link in the new tab. Please have a look at the screenshot below.

In case you have not seen the Button element doc please have a look at it to learn more about how to insert the link.
https://theme.co/docs/button

Hope it helps
Thanks

Hello,

I would like to open the link in the current tab not a new one or a new window.

I have the button already set up, but I can not figure out how to create an anchor within the text on the page I am working on. Do I have to do this within the html code itself or is there an easier solution to have it link to headers within the page I am already on.

Button is located at the top of the page, when clicked I would like it to go to a section lower on the page.

Hello @wkeyes3,

In order to link the page section to the button, please ensure that you have added the section ID on the section. Now you need to go to the Button element and insert the button URL as “#Your_section_ID”.

Please note you don’t need to select the “New tab” and “nofollow” checkboxes. In case you have not seen the doc of the One page navigation please have a look at it.

Hope it helps
Thanks

Okay thank you. I got the anchors to work, but I still can’t figure out why when I click a link (to a different page) it opens it in a new tab instead of the current tab I am already in. I want the page to just go to that link instead of opening a new page. The “new tab” option is not clicked.

Hello @wkeyes3,

In order to help you with your concerns we need to check your settings I would suggest you please share your admin credentials in the secure note. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin-level username and password
  • Exact page URL

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.