Almost all Google Fonts not loading except a few

When attempting to use a Google Font, almost every single Google Font does not actually load on the website and insteads uses a default sans-serif or serif font instead. The list of fonts in both the Font Manager and the Heading/Body options in the Theme options are populated with all the Google Fonts, but only a few (like Montseratt) will actually work. This has happened on multiple websites and I’ve just worked around it, mostly just using the font Monsteratt, but I would like to get this figured out and hopefully use a different font for once.

Hello @turbineflats,

Thanks for writing in! To better assist you with your issue, please provide us your site URL so that we can investigate. it would also help if we can log in to your site. You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
– Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

In the meantime, please check out this documentation to resolve the most common issues that may have caused your issue.

Best Regards.

Thank you for the response, sorry for my late response. I added a secure note to my original note with the information you requested.

Hello @turbineflats,

I tried to access your site but I am not able to access the site login page due to invalid login details on the popup login form, please recheck and send us again.

Thanks

I apologize, I’ve attached the correct password in a secure note.

Hello @turbineflats,

I have log in and checked your site. The Google font is loaded as expected.

Please see the secure note below.

Thanks.

If Roboto was the only font that you checked, please check another font like Oswald or Ubuntu - please check more than one font. Roboto is one of the very few fonts that does load actually load.

Hi @turbineflats,

I have checked your website and found that the Oswald font is not added, I have added it and created a test page and it shows perfectly fine.

https://truckbay.flywheelsites.com/font-test/

Thanks

So, almost all of the other Google fonts are still not loading, I only used Oswald and Ubuntu as examples, the main issue is still not fixed. As I’ve said in my original post, this issue is present in every single website I’ve created where I use Theme.co. Almost all the Google Fonts do not load and only load a default font.

Hey @turbineflats,

Building upon the font test page set by my colleague, I’ve set all the fonts available in your Font Manger setup and all Google Fonts work.

Kindly add more Google Fonts in the Font Manager and set them up in the font test page so we could see what fonts are not working. Select the Font Family within the Element Settings so that the font will actually be loaded. If you’re using custom CSS to style your text, that won’t work because fonts will not be loaded that way.

Thanks.

The main issue doesn’t seem to be fixed still. Those four fonts now work after someone manually had to upload them. But almost every other single Google font does not work still. It still loads a default sans serif or serif font. Am I wrong to expect that all the Google fonts that are displayed in Themeco/cornerstone Font Manager are supposed to work without needing to manually upload them?

I added two more fonts to the Font Test page to show that not all Google fonts are loading correctly.

These are two more fonts that do not display correctly. This is how they display in cornerstone.

And this is how they are supposed to look.
Screen Shot 2022-11-30 at 9.45.24 AM

Now, as I’ve said before, this is a problem with every single website I’ve ever created with Themeco/Cornerstone, not just this website. And it will most likely be a problem that I face with each new website.

Hello @turbineflats,

No one uploaded any Google font.

In the test page, you see here ( font test - Page Builder - Pro (flywheelsites.com)):

The Google Fonts were assigned or created using the Font Manager:

In a Text element for example, you will have to set the Google Font family:

And then if a font is assigned to an element, when you view the source code of the page, the Google font will be loaded. Take a look at the example page here where all of the fonts created in the Font Manager is assigned and has been loaded.

Even if you have the font in the Font Manager but you did not assign it (or use it) to any of the elements on the page, that Google font will not be loaded on the page.

Hope this helps.

For anyone that may run into this issue and are confused/looking for an answer, I have figured out what was going on. It turns out that it’s a loading problem. The Google fonts won’t load and will display a default serif/sans serif font until after I save and reload the page. After a save and reload of the page, the font does now load correctly.

Hi @turbineflats,

Glad that you are able to figure it out.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.