Adding color to what appears as transparent font

Hi - working on blog page - thegregalexanderblog.com and when I click on the blog page it appears as though the font is transparent. How can I correct this to be seen in a darker font?

Also - on the home page, at the very bottom the background image has a break in it. is there a way to correct this so the image is full?

Thank you!

Hi there,

There is an under construction page active on your site which blocks us from accessing it.

Kindly provide us with the admin details in a secure note or temporarily disable the under construction page.

sorry! I removed the maintenance mode!

Hi there,

Please try this code in the Global CSS:

.blog .entry-wrap * {
    color: #000;
}

Hope this helps.

Thank you! Much appreciated! That fixed my font color issue!

Do you happen to also have insight on the image issue on the home page? It’s like there is an image on top of another - only seen at the very bottom of the screen.

Hello There,

Could you please update to the latest versions?
Our latest versions are:

• X theme 6.2.5
  • Cornerstone 3.2.5

This latest release contains fixes for several issues so be sure to check out the changelog (http://theme.co/changelog/).

I am not sure which image. I am just seeing two background images. One is from your section background image and the other is for the body which has been set in X > Theme Options > Layouts & Design > Background Options.

Please let us know how it goes.

Hi,

I’ve updated the latest versions. Thanks!

I’m now having the issue with my font in 2 other locations. Can you please advise what code I need to enter and where to insert it?

1- If you click on my email address subscribe button on the home page it takes you to contact form where you can enter your email. There is a black box that says ‘send’ in white font that can’t be seen until you click on it. I’d like the font to be white here.

2- If you click on my blog articles tab and click on the article to read it in full the font is transparent. I’d like the font here to be black.

Are you able to help me to fix this?

Thank you!

sorry, one other thing…

Because of the background image I’ve been requested to use the black font at the bottom of the picture doesn’t show up very well. Is there a way to use a black font that has a white outline? How would I do this?

Thanks again!!

Hello There,

Thanks for updating in!

1.) The button is supposed to be in white text color. It is displaying black color because you have added this code:

.entry-wrap * {
    color: #000;
}

Please remove that code and you should have something like this:

If you are going to change the text color of your page/post content, please do it the right way. You will have to go to X > Theme Options > Typography > Body and Content > Body Font Color then select the black color using the color picker.

2.) yes it is not black because the setting in X > Theme Options > Typography > Body and Content > Body Font Color is using the transparent color.

3.) To add a white text shadow, please do the following:

• Edit the home page back in Cornerstone
  • In each element, (custom headline and the text element) add a custom .add-text-shadow class
  • And then insert the following custom css in the settings tab, Settings > Custom CSS
.add-text-shadow {
    text-shadow: 1px 2px 3px rgba(255,255,255,0.85);
}

You should have something like this:

Hi again,

1- Thank you, that corrected the contact form / ‘send’ button issue!!
2- Again, thank you…the font color on the blog post when clicked is now black as it should be!

3-So very sorry, but I must be missing something when trying to add the white shadow to the font on the home and about pages. When I enter cornerstone and click on the individual line items I went to the ‘CSS’ button on the side of the screen and tried entering the code you sent but it didn’t work. Sorry, i’m still very new to this if you could somehow further breakdown these steps I’d greatly appreciate it!

Hello @lyndsaylaveau,

Thanks for updating the thread.

I have recorded a screencast that you can take a look to make the changes that my colleague shared.

Thanks.

1 Like

Thanks so much!! When I watched the video I realized the add-text-shadow to the class line it doesn’t the ‘.’ at the beginning! Really appreciate your help.

I have another question - I currently use MailChimp and have it tied to a contact form on my homepage that takes the user to a new page to enter their email address and subscribe. I was hoping to change it from a button to something more like the below. Is this possible? Do you have instructions on how to do this and keep it tied to MailChimp? -

Hello Lyndsay,

If you want to have a subscription form integrated with Mailchimp, please install Email Forms extension. You can get this in X > Validation > Extensions. To know more about this extension, you can check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/extension-email-forms/82

Hope this helps.

This was a HUGE help, thanks so much!!!

Is there a way for me to have the email entry line and subscribe buttons side by side or do they have to be stacked like on my page at the moment? Not sure if this can be done inside the custom styling section or not?

Thank you!!

sorry, I’m also struggling to get my home page image to properly fit. I’d like the full picture to fit. Any advice on this?

Thanks again!

Hi Lyndsay,

Sure, please add this CSS to your global or home page’s custom CSS .

@media ( min-width: 768px ) {
.tco-subscribe-form fieldset {
    width: 46%;
    float: left;
    margin-right: 1%;
}
}

As for the image, please change your page template to Blank - No Container | Header, Footer. It’s currently set to Blank - Container.

Thanks!

This code helped to put them side by side, but I’d like it to look similar to the insert above where the boxes are the same height and the email address entry box is longer so that you can read the entire thing (Email Address). Is there additional code I should add to fix this?

As always, thank you so much for your continued support. Your team is awesome and so helpful!!

Hello Lyndsay,

You can adjust the width of the form in X > Email Forms settings when you edit your form. AT the moment, it is set only with 250 pixel wide. If you increase the width, the the email address field will also be wider.

Please let us know how it goes.

Thank you! This helped to widen the ‘Email Address’ box so now both words can be seen. Are you able to view the home page? For some reason the boxes ‘email address’ and ‘subscribe’ are still different heights and one is squared and one is rounded. Can this be fixed?

I also decided to take a look at the blog on a cell phone device and the home page isn’t translating well at all. I’m not sure where I’ve gone wrong with this?

I tried doing as stated above to adjust the 'Blank- No Container | Header, Footer, but that didn’t correct the image all fitting into the background. When I added additional rows in cornerstone layout that allowed the full picture to be seen, but I’m wondering if this is causing problems with the translation to other devices now or messing with the overall layout?

lastly, I’d like the ‘No Charge. No Spam. Unsubscribe Anytime.’ to be moved closer to the subscription boxes. Can you please advise on this as well? I tried playing with the padding on the column individually but that didn’t seem to work.

Sorry for all the questions and continued support required, I’m still very new to all of this…your help is always greatly appreciated!

Hi Lyndsay,

Please add this to Theme Options > CSS

.tco-subscribe-form input[type="email"],
.tco-subscribe-form input[type="submit"] {
	border-radius: 0.25em;
    margin-top: 0;
    margin-bottom: 0;
    height: 3em;
    box-shadow: none;
}

That will make the button and email field same height.

The issue on your mobile view is because you applied to much padding on the column.

Set that to 2em only, and use the ROW’s max-width option instead if you want to narrow column width.

Hope it helps,
Cheers!