Adding A Slide From Slider Revolution On Homepage

Hi,

I don’t have a page for homepage on my website www.halfburntpopcorn.com. Due to this I can’t find Slider Settings: Below Masthead section below the standard WordPress editor. Can anyone assist me in adding the slider I created below my header? I can’t seem to figure this out.

Thanks

Hello Thomas,

Thanks for writing in! Adding a slider can only be possible to normal pages. Since you home page is your blog index, it will need some custom development to be able to insert the custom slider into the page. Be advised that the custom development is beyond the scope of our support already. Perhaps you can check out these old threads instead:

Note: Since what you are trying to accomplish requires a template customization, we would highly to suggest that you use a child theme. This allows you to make code changes that won’t be overwritten when an X update is released. After your child theme is setup, please review how we recommend making template changes in Customization Best Practices.

We would love to know if this has worked for you. Thank you.

Hi, I installed a child theme.

So basically there is no way to insert a slider for featured posts on the homepage without editing the php file correct? I would like the slider I created above my logo at the top end of my header. Is this possible at all? I would like some sort of slider/news feed besides on the side widget.

This is the code i’m using but am having no luck:

// Add a custom slider to search pages
// =============================================================================
function custom_slider() { ?>

<?php if( is_search() ) : ?>
<div class="x-container custom-slider" style="clear: both;">
  <?php echo do_shortcode('[rev_slider alias="slider"]'); ?>
</div>
<?php endif; } add_action('x_after_view_global__slider-below','custom_slider', 30); // =============================================================================

Hello Thomas,

The code will not work for you home because it is intended for the search results. It is clearly seen in the condition added to the code. If you want to display for the homepage, you should be using is_front_page() and is_home() condition:

// Add a custom slider to the homepage
// =============================================================================
function custom_slider() { ?>

<?php if( is_front_page() && is_home() ) : ?>

<div class="x-container custom-slider" style="clear: both;">
      <?php echo do_shortcode('[rev_slider alias="slider"]'); ?>
    </div>

<?php endif; 
}
add_action('x_after_view_global__slider-below','custom_slider', 30);

One thing to keep in mind that you should add the correct Rev Slider shortcode:

For more details about the different WordPress conditions, kindly check this out:

Worked perfectly! Thanks so much

Glad we could help,

Cheers!

Hi Friech,

Had another question I was wondering if you could answer. I’m trying to get my social media icons to appear on the top bar and footer. For some reason I have customized the appearance but it still not showing up. Is there a possible css code I could use along with make the icons black and white.

I can provide my user credentials as well if needed.

Thanks!

Hello Thomas,

The icons were not displaying. Kindly make sure that Font Awesome icons were enabled in the theme options. Please go to X > Theme Options > Miscellaneous and turn ON the Font Awesome icons. If nothing is helping, provide us access to your site so that we can check your settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Showing up now thanks! Is there any css code to make it bigger by chance in the top bar?

Hello Thomas,

We do not have any option to change the font sizes of the social icons. You may need to use a custom CS to modify it. You need to add CSS code into X > Theme Options > CSS .

By default, it is using this CSS styling:

.x-topbar .x-social-global a {
    font-size: 24px;
}

Feel free to make adjustment as you need. Here are some related links for further reading, this could help you in finding and implementing some CSS fixes:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.