Add Sidebar and Footer to the Blog Page

Hi,
I’m trying to add sidebar and footer to the blog page.

I did successfully add the sidebar using the function dynamic_sidebar( ‘sidebar-main’ ) in my child theme.
theme/pro-child/framework/views/global/_index.php

However I could not get any successful results using the get_footer(‘Default Footer’).
nothing is shown beneath the blog page.

Please advice.
Thank you,

Hello @prepdoctors,

Thanks for writing to us

To set the footer and sidebar on the blog page, Footer comes by default in each page so as a sidebar.

In case if you want the custom footer, you can create footer from Pro footer builder then assign footer for the blog page. For the sidebar please have a look at our doc to learn more how to set custom sidebar for blog page.
https://theme.co/docs/work-with-unlimited-sidebars

In case if I have missed anything please let me know with marking screenshot. Please note that we don’t provide custom development and child theme customization support. It is out of the support scope.

Hope it helps
Thanks for understanding

Thank you for your quick response.
Actually I had to create custom child theme for the blog, to make one column posts, also to add the sidemenu.
However I used the footer builder to assign footer for all post pages.

But I got an error message when I set the page layout to “Layout - Content Left, Sidebar Right”:

Thank you,

Continue for the page template issue
Also I get this message in page preview:

Hi Omar,

On your first screenshot, there’s an HTML error when you create a custom template. You can use this tool to check your HTML code. Please let us know if the issue persists after fixing the HTML code.

Hope that helps.

Thank you.

Hello,

There is no HTML error in the custom theme, its very simple.
However you forgot to answer the second error.

Here is more clarification, from WP edit page (with classic editor not with the Theme.co pro), when I change the page template into “Layout - Content Left, Sidebar Right”, then when I click on preview I get this error message:

Regards,

HI Omar,

To better help you with your issue, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.