Add portfolio items to sidebar on Renew stack portfolio page

There is a sidebar on the Renew stack portfolio page, however it only displays tags. I can not find where I can add items to this sidebar - specifically I want to add recent portfolio items in thumbnail view, similar to recent posts but displaying recent portfolio items instead (on all portfolio pages). How do I achieve this?

Hello Mark,

Thanks for writing to us.

In case if you are pointing to this section.

Regretfully there is no option to add recent portfolio items there. It would require custom development. I would suggest you contact a developer who can assist you with your conern. Please note that we don’t provide custom development support. It is out of the support scope.

In case if you are using a Pro updated theme you can create a custom single post layout page for the portfolio. Please have a look at the doc about Layout builder.

If you are not pointing to the above screenshot please share the exact page URL so that we can help you properly.

Hope it helps
Thanks for understanding

I am using XPro, Renew Stack. Yes, that is the section I am referring to - but not ‘IN’ it, BENEATH it. So just to be clear, you can’t tell me how I can add content (widgets, recent posts, other portfolio items, products, ads, whatever…) beneath that section? That seems odd.

I found code here that I could add to Pro Child theme to add another sidebar, but that won’t work as I don’t want to change the page layout, I simply want to append content below the above referenced box. This seems like it should be a pretty simple task, no?

Hi Mark,

Yes, that is a bit easy if you know a little bit of PHP, you can follow Ruenel’s solution provided here.

Please note that we can not provide customization support further from that.

Alternatively, since you’re PRO, you can utilize the Layout Builder to build a customazable Portfolio Layout.

Hope it helps,
Cheers,

Thank you @friech I will try Ruenel’s solution. I have another issue with the portfolio, the images on my portfolio page do not load on mobile. They appear on desktop, but not on phone screens. What could cause this?

Also, is there an easy way to rename the /portfolio/ directory?

Hey Mark,

To better assist you with your issue, kindly provide us access to your site so that we can check your portfolio page and site settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Regards.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.