Add component to wiget?

Hi I’ve made a button I want to use in a widget, I saved it as a component but I can’t see how to add it to the widget.
Is there any written documentation please? I don’t have time to trawl through a video.

Hi @lisacole1,

Thanks for reaching out.
You can use the Componenent shortcode into the widget area by using the Custom HTML widget. To know more please go through the following documentation.

Hope it helps.
Thanks

thank you, it isn’t terribly helpful, it is over complicated for what I need.
I got it working but the text on the button has an underline that isn’t there in the original, any ideas how to fix that?

Hi @lisacole1,

Can you please share the URL where you have integrated it, so we can check and tell you why that is happening?

Thanks

thank you, it is on the sidebar under the 2 recent posts with images. It is a button that says “join our mailing list for updates”

Hi @lisacole1,

It is due to the Anchor tag wrapping the text, and the style defined for that in the widget is as shown in the given screenshot. You need to override it by adding the following custom CSS code.

.x-sidebar .widget .x-global-block a
{
    text-decoration:none !important;
}

Please remember that the above code will work if copied as it is and doesn’t conflict with any existing style.
Please note that the code provided serves only as a guide to help you get started custom coding on your own if there’s no option offered in our theme or the products we bundle.
We really do not provide support for custom codes, which means we can’t fix it in case it conflict with something on your site, nor will we enhance it. Further customization should be directed to a third-party developer or you can avail of One, where we answer the questions beyond normal theme support.

Thanks

that is perfect, thank you so much

Hi @lisacole1,

Glad that we are able to help you.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.