Activating Cornerstone Causes Critical Error

Activating Cornerstone is causing a critical error.

PhP version 8.1

http://strokeofbrilliancepainting.marysvillemartialarts.com/wordpress/

Hello @CarltonDoup,

Thanks for writing in! Kindly downgrade your PHP version to at least 7.4 version. The current version of Cornerstone is not fully compatible with the latest PHP version. We have an upcoming version that will be compatible with PHP 8.x. We just do not have an ETA yet. Please watch out for it.

Best Regards.

I have downgraded PhP version to 7.4.

The problem persists.

Hey @CarltonDoup,

Would you mind sharing your admin credentials so that we can check what’s going on? To do that, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password
  • FTP Access

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.

Secure Note

Hello @CarltonDoup,

Regretfully the FTP drirectory is empty. Please double check.

Thank you in advance.

I have submitted a case to my host and will provide update detail as soon as they are available.

Thank you!

Hello @CarltonDoup,

I have logged in and investigated the issue. I found out that your are experiencing PHP Memory Limit exhaustion. To get you started, your PHP Memory Limit has now being increase up to 512MB.

You can check this server settings in Tools > Site Health > Info > Server. I am still seeing a very low Upload Max filesize and Post Max size. You also need to increase that to at least 64MB or more especially if you are planning to upload big file size. You can contact your hosting providing for further assistance or check out this article:

Best Regards.

Amazing! Thank you so much for your help!!!

You are most welcome, @CarltonDoup.

We are experience a similar issue.
We dropped the php version down to 7.4. But our X Theme isn’t functioning. We had the white screen error before but now it is at least showing a fallback page.
And within the WP dashboard, we can’t access the Theme, Plugins, Site health settings.

The dashboard error is:
There has been a critical error on this website. Please check your site admin email inbox for instructions.
Learn more about troubleshooting WordPress.

Hey @mmarvelthemeco1,

Thanks for reaching out!

I suggest creating your own thread and on that thread, please please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password
  • FTP Access

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.

Thanks for your response!
The situation has been resolved already. Tldr - I temporarily removed the theme via renaming it in FTP. Then I was able to get into the dashboard plugins section to deactivate them. Then I downloaded the updated theme and used it as the method to Add new theme. Then I reactivated Cornerstone and also activated the updated version of the theme and it worked.
I’m not sure however about our php memory issues, but I think you mentioned asking the hosting service for that. So we should be all set for now. Thanks again

Hey @mmarvelthemeco1,

We’re glad that it is now working properly on your end! if you have any other concerns or clarifications regarding our theme features, feel free to open up a new thread.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.