ACF - Using Loopers to dynamically output the content of a custom post type

I have custom post type called Restaurants. I have typed content, a description, into that particular post type.

I seem to be able to access every detail about that post, except the content.

I’ve been using excerpts with 1000 char limit- in a text element but that does not seem right.
{{dc:post:excerpt length=“1000”}}

How do I use a looper to output the actual content? I must be missing something.

Is there a comprehensive guide to all of these dynamic content options? I can’t seem to find one.

Hello @marcuszacco,

Thanks for writing to us.

Regretfully there is no list of dynamic content code or documentation of it, you may click on this symbol to get the list of dynamic content code.
Test-Page-Builder-Pro (29)

In case the excerpt is not working for you please make sure your theme, and plugins are updated as per our version compatibility page.

I would suggest you troubleshoot a few of the common issues before we investigate your settings.

1. Testing for Plugin Conflict
  2. CSS/JS Customization
  3. Version Compatibility
  4. Disabling Cache
  5. Child Theme

If none of those work, It would be best if you could copy your live website to your staging area. and send your details in a secure note so that we can investigate your setting without breaking your live site. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

1. Yes I know that list of dynamic content. It is huge and the window is small. Very difficult to navigate to see all of the options + understanding what they do.
  2. Excerpts work fine. BUT it is not the “right way” to do it, I feel. For instance, what if there is an image within the content I want to show? Then it won’t show.

Feature request. Increase the size of the dynamic options window for better navigation. Thank you.

Hey @marcuszacco,

Are you using the Layout Builder for your single post type pages? If yes, you can use the The Content element. This element will show the images and text from your custom post type.

On the other hand, I’ll add your feature request in our tracker.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.