ACF Repeater Inside of a Group

I’ve got an ACF Repeater Field that is inside of a group (see below).

I’m attempting to display this repeater field in a layout. What is the best way to achieve this? I used @Kennyboy7 method on ACF Repeater Field in a Looper but it appears to not work if that repeater is inside of a group.

Hello @santosfel5,

Thanks for writing to us.

You can use the Looper to access the ACF field data please have a look at our video documentation to learn more about how to get the data of the ACF repeater field.

Hope it helps
Thanks

Hi @santosfel5,

Since the looper system was introduced you can easily achieve a repeater within a group by doing the following.

Using a list element. (Baseline)

Set the looper provider to {{dc:acf:post_field field=“YOUR_ACF_GROUP_NAME_YOUR_ACF_REPEATER_NAME”}} on the List.

You have to add the two names together using underscores and you will need to select Specific Field from the Field selection.

Next add the consumer to the list item.

After that add a dc:looper field to the list content.

So it should be:

List - Provider {{dc:acf:post_field field=“YOUR_ACF_GROUP_NAME_YOUR_ACF_REPEATER_NAME”}}
List Item - Consumer
Content - {{dc:looper:field key=‘YOUR_ACF_REPEATER_ITEM’}}

Hope this helps

Kennyboy7

1 Like

Hey @Kennyboy7,

Thanks for chiming in!

@santosfel5: Please let us know if you got your issue resolved already.

Cheers.

1 Like

I’ll be attempting this solution today and get back to you if it works.

Hello @santosfel5,

Please let us know how it goes for you.

Thanks

This did not work. This is what I did (you can refer to my original image to see the field names are correct):

1. I added a Looper List (Baseline)

2. On List I set the Provider to Dynamic Content. In the Dynamic Content field I put {{dc:acf:post_field field=“other_info_at_a_glance”}}

3. List Item - Set to Consumer

4. I added this into the text field on the Content item {{dc:looper:field key=‘title’}}

Hi

Sorry to hear it didn’t work.

I’m trying it on another site and it works in the layout builder view but then on the page itself its blank which is very strange.

I have the exact same set up on two other sites and that set-up works so I’m unsure as to why yours isn’t and mine on this test site is giving a strange result.

Note: This test site is on MAMP which shouldn’t make a difference but just incase anyone needs the info

Perhaps Them Support can help ?

Update: Try putting the provider and consumer on the list item

Also my strange behaviour seems to cure it’s self if I enter the Dom inspector and exit again.

Hi @santosfel5,

It would be best if you could share with us your admin credentials so that we can check your setup properly. To do that, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.

@marc_a All set! I just posted the secure note.

Hey @santosfel5,

To access the ACF repeater inside of a group field requires two Looper Providers. The structure should be like this one:

Row- Looper Provider (Dynamic Content) = {{dc:acf:post_field field="other_info"}}= Group Field
Column- Looper Consumer
Div - Looper Provider (Dynamic Content ) = {{dc:looper:field key="weekly_schedule"}} = Repeater Field
Text = Looper Consumer and Dynamic Content = For example if you want to display the period sub-field, then the dynamic content should be {{dc:looper:field key="period"}}

I created a test section for you to check the structure properly. The section name is Themeco Repeater inside Group Field.

Please make sure to assign a preview to a summer program page to see the output in the builder. This is what I am referring to:

Hope that helps.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.